News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamesww

Quote from: lustindarkness on March 27, 2011, 12:40:51 AM
The International Friendly Match between USA and Argentina has been exciting, they are playing for real, not just an exhibition game. :)

Let be guess, they didn't tell the Brits, but the winner get the Falklands.  :(

dps

Quote from: jamesww on March 27, 2011, 02:44:49 PM
Quote from: lustindarkness on March 27, 2011, 12:40:51 AM
The International Friendly Match between USA and Argentina has been exciting, they are playing for real, not just an exhibition game. :)

Let be guess, they didn't tell the Brits, but the winner get the Falklands.  :(

No, the loser.   :D

Josephus

Manchester City are set to discuss Mario Balotelli's disciplinary issues after the striker was reportedly caught throwing darts from a first floor window.

:lmfao:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Pedrito

I realize now that the whole World Cup 2010 thread has been swallowed into the Great Languish Rift; darn, one of the top ten threads for number of views and number of replies!

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Josephus

Quote from: Pedrito on March 28, 2011, 01:41:41 AM
I realize now that the whole World Cup 2010 thread has been swallowed into the Great Languish Rift; darn, one of the top ten threads for number of views and number of replies!

L.

We could start it again.

My predicitons:

I think England's going to do really well. They start of against the USA, pah!; Robbie Green will shut them out surely. And from there on in surely it's a cinch.
France have a good team this year too. Watch out for them.
I think the Spanish are over rated; they should get past the first round but then they'll choke as usual.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Warspite

Quote from: Josephus on March 28, 2011, 07:19:08 AM
Quote from: Pedrito on March 28, 2011, 01:41:41 AM

L.

We could start it again.

My predicitons:

I think England's going to do really well. They start of against the USA, pah!; Robbie Green will shut them out surely. And from there on in surely it's a cinch.
I think the Spanish are over rated; they should get past the first round but then they'll choke as usual.

Germany's still in transition, Mueller's really inexperienced and can't understand why he's in the squad. Expect Ballack to start.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Ed Anger

Everybody will love those horns.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Liep

Quote from: Josephus on March 28, 2011, 07:19:08 AM

I especially like their enthusiasm and chemistry off the field.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Maladict

Home advantage will see the African teams go far this time.

Pedrito

South american teams will underperform, as always, with the usual notable exception of Argentina & Brazil.

Expect Messi to be the tournament's MVP.

Italy will easily pass their group stage, the easiest of all groups bar none.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Liep

Quote from: Pedrito on March 29, 2011, 07:30:26 AM4
Expect Messi to be the tournament's MVP.

Yeah, Maradonna can really get the best out of Messi, certainly the one to watch.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Tamas

1-2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tamas

5-3 :(

We could have walked away with a draw at least, if we had fielded a defense.

Liep

Quote from: Tamas on March 29, 2011, 03:31:19 PM
5-3 :(

We could have walked away with a draw at least, if we had fielded a defense.

Too bad, at least it sounds like a fun game.

Can't say that about the Danish game... I'm calling it now, congratulations to Norway and Portugal with their qualifications.