News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

I want North Korea.
Both because they suck and it would likely lead to the British media having some intersting things to say.
██████
██████
██████

Liep

Quote from: Josephus on December 03, 2009, 10:43:40 AM
Germany
North Korea
Paraguay
Switzerland.
:eek:

I'm glad you didn't choose Denmark as poorest from seed 4. :hug:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Maladict

Quote from: Josephus on December 03, 2009, 10:43:40 AM
So as an England fan and diehard pessimist, I predict:

England
Mexico
Ivory Coast
France.

Yuck.

And my most hated team Germany:

Germany
North Korea
Paraguay
Switzerland.
:eek:

I predict South Africa will miraculously avoid both France and Portugal.  :ph34r:

Valmy

Very soon we will find out which three poor suckers get to be humiliated by the mighty Americans in the first round.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

dps

Noon EST on ESPN2.  Unfortunately, I won't get to watch most of it.   :(

Maladict

Why does everyone rate Ivory Coast so highly? Have they ever achieved anything?

Valdemar

Quote from: Maladict on December 04, 2009, 07:32:11 AM

Not as a team, but the material they have to work with is pretty good.. Toure, Drogba and so on

V

The Larch

They're quite probably the best African team, and have some really great players, like Drogba, amongst the world's best strikers.

Liep

Quote from: The Larch on December 04, 2009, 08:30:28 AM

They're quite probably the best African team, and have some really great players, like Drogba, amongst the world's best strikers.

And most annoying strikers, which is saying a lot.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josephus

1. It wouldn't surprise me to see an African team do well because A), they've been narrowing the gap for years and B) It's being held in Africa.

2. Ivory Coast has one of the greatest strikers in the world in Drogba
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Valmy

Quote from: Josephus on December 04, 2009, 08:40:35 AM
A), they've been narrowing the gap for years

And we do mean for years.  We have been warned of the imminent African domination of the sport for 40 years now.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Valmy

Wait WTF?  They are not actually going to draw any teams for another 45 minutes?  Nevermind back to work.

Valmy

I already had somebody calling me all excited thinking our draw was:

Australia
Honduras
Japan
Mexico
New Zealand
North Korea
South Korea
United States

Yeah that is our POOL not our group.  Pity.

The Larch

Quote from: Valmy on December 04, 2009, 12:19:55 PM
Wait WTF?  They are not actually going to draw any teams for another 45 minutes?  Nevermind back to work.

You know how these things go. The drawing itself takes 10 minutes, and the rest of the 2 hour show is spent with traditional dances feel good clips and introducing former stars and players who get to wave to the cameras for a while.  :P