News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Henry sure is handy to have around the goal.  After the headbutt of '06 it is only fitting France goes to South Africa and brings controversy with her.

I think Team USA got drugged by cheating Danes during halftime.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Cerr on November 19, 2009, 04:14:35 AM
an idiot referee.

The Handball was hard to spot in real time...but I have no idea how they missed the offsides.  I mean how obvious does it have to be?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on November 19, 2009, 12:21:02 PM
Quote from: Cerr on November 19, 2009, 04:14:35 AM
an idiot referee.

The Handball was hard to spot in real time...but I have no idea how they missed the offsides.  I mean how obvious does it have to be?
Cash sometimes makes the obvious seem less obvious :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Barrister

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on November 19, 2009, 07:50:25 AM
Maybe more like the gulag, if the country is not represented, it is an irrelevant country  :lol:

Pfft, even represented countries are irrelevant.

e.g. Hungary
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Tamas

Quote from: Barrister on November 19, 2009, 12:30:16 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on November 19, 2009, 07:50:25 AM
Maybe more like the gulag, if the country is not represented, it is an irrelevant country  :lol:

Pfft, even represented countries are irrelevant.

e.g. Hungary

:mad:

Neil

I hope the IRA will begin attacking French and FIFA targets.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Josephus

Don't know about the IRA, but the FAI (Football Association of Ireland, I'm guessing) is asking FIFA to replay the game. I doubt that would happen.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=700719&sec=worldcup2010&cc=5901
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Cerr

Quote from: Josephus on November 19, 2009, 06:00:52 PM
Don't know about the IRA, but the FAI (Football Association of Ireland, I'm guessing) is asking FIFA to replay the game. I doubt that would happen.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=700719&sec=worldcup2010&cc=5901
Yeah it's very unlikely FIFA will allow for a replay of the game.

The only chance for it to happen would be if the French football association asked FIFA for a replay too but I highly doubt they would.

alfred russel

Quote from: Cerr on November 19, 2009, 06:14:22 PM

The only chance for it to happen would be if the French football association asked FIFA for a replay too but I highly doubt they would.

It would be awesome if the French did, and maybe smart too. The world is going to consider them tainted this world cup.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

dps

Quote from: alfred russel on November 19, 2009, 06:25:41 PM

It would be awesome if the French did, and maybe smart too. The world is going to consider them tainted this world cup.

Yeah.  I'm of course going to be rooting for the U.S., though I know it's hopeless, but now I know who I'm going to root against.

Admiral Yi

Are there other examples of unwritten rules in footy?

Neil

Quote from: dps on November 19, 2009, 07:19:25 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on November 19, 2009, 06:25:41 PM

Yeah.  I'm of course going to be rooting for the U.S., though I know it's hopeless, but now I know who I'm going to root against.
If the final is France and Italy again, what do you do?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

The Larch

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 19, 2009, 07:53:57 PM
Are there other examples of unwritten rules in footy?

Like which one?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: The Larch on November 19, 2009, 08:18:45 PM
Like which one?
Not sure.  On the one hand (ha ha) I can understand the bitching about the ref missing an important call.  But on the other hand people are pissing on France too.  It seems like there might be an unwritten rule that France is supposed to do something to make up for the missed call.

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 19, 2009, 08:25:44 PMNot sure.  On the one hand (ha ha) I can understand the bitching about the ref missing an important call.  But on the other hand people are pissing on France too.  It seems like there might be an unwritten rule that France is supposed to do something to make up for the missed call.

There isn't.  That's just outrage and wishful thinking.