News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: Threviel on December 06, 2022, 04:53:21 AMBut if it's for the sake of global football?

IDK what's your problem, Spain has been playing quite entertainingly I thought. 

Threviel

I don't have a problem really, just faffing about. I haven't watched much of the cup and almost none of Spain, I don't really care.

The frogs will take them out in semi's anyway.

Josquius

Obviously a Swiss win would be funny, just so long as they don't beat England, but haway.
Morocco would be nice too but even less likely.
Brazil winning is a safe default.

The Dutch also deserve it I must say- not so much for their current team but for being the strongest traditional team to have never won it.
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Also Louis van Gaal has been great value :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

celedhring

Quote from: Tamas on December 06, 2022, 04:54:31 AM
Quote from: Threviel on December 06, 2022, 04:53:21 AMBut if it's for the sake of global football?

IDK what's your problem, Spain has been playing quite entertainingly I thought. 

Yeah, Luís Enrique plays a more adventurous version of the traditional tiki-taka approach (he did the same at Barça). I think we're too fragile at the back to really go all the way, but the squad is really young so we'll get more chances in the future.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Valmy on December 05, 2022, 08:59:00 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on December 04, 2022, 03:46:48 PMThe next quarter final, France-England is not that common in the World Cup, so you'll have something new to watch.  :P

This will be the greatest owning of England by France since the Battle of Castillon.

Formigny or Castillon?  :hmm:

Duque de Bragança

Threviel

I've now watched Spain play for a few minutes, from 30' and forward. Sure, it's more entertaining than in '08, but it's obvious that that is because they don't have the same quality players any more and they just can't be as dominant as they used to be.

Not that they are bad, they will probably win this match and with luck they might win it all.

So scratch the anti-Iberian alliance, I'll join the anti-Lusitanian one instead.

Duque de Bragança

Game looks like (kit colours) the Selecção playing Celta de Vigo.  :hmm:

Maladict

Quote from: Tamas on December 06, 2022, 04:51:54 AMEDIT: actually I do care. Anyone but Portugal.

Words to live by. Although I would add England for good measure.

Duque de Bragança

Overtime for the Morocco-Spain game. Good for the team playing the victor.  :whistle:

PS: assuming the team in question wins in 90 minutes or so. Otherwise, just at the same level.

Gups

Quote from: Maladict on December 06, 2022, 11:15:41 AM
Quote from: Tamas on December 06, 2022, 04:51:54 AMEDIT: actually I do care. Anyone but Portugal.

Words to live by. Although I would add England for good measure.

Portugal are the only team left I really dislike. England are easy to hate because of the fans but team is unobjectionable and they score plenty.

Duque de Bragança

Unobjectionable team?  :lmfao:

No team is, to be fair.

Tamas

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on December 06, 2022, 12:24:13 PMUnobjectionable team?  :lmfao:

No team is, to be fair.

Well Maguire is annoying and crap and Kane is Kane but otherwise what's wrong with England?

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tamas on December 06, 2022, 12:25:57 PMWell Maguire is annoying and crap and Kane is Kane but otherwise what's wrong with England?
I say this as an Everton fan but Jordan Pickford is really annoying :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!