News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: Josquius on June 21, 2022, 05:10:00 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on June 21, 2022, 03:31:39 PMTime for some silly season stuff:

Chelsea agreed a loan with Inter to take Lukaku back for a one year loan for a minor fee. In essence, Inter loaned Lukaku to Chelsea for the 2021/2022 season and received like 90m from Chelsea in return :lol:

Amazing. Chelsea is usually quite smart with transfers. They're the most well known of the buy up all the kids, loan them out a bit, then sell for big money, crew.

Sure but signing terrible past their prime strikers is what Chelsea do. Have been trying to replace Drogba ever since he left.

FunkMonk

Another silly Worlde knockoff but for foot:

https://footdle.com/
Footdle 178 - 8/12
🟥🟥🟥🟥
🟥🟥🟥🟥
🟩🟥🟥🟥
🟩🟥🟥🟥
🟩🟩🟥🟥
🟩🟩🟥🟥
🟩🟩🟩🟥
🟩🟩🟩🟩

I'm bad.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Josquius

That's mega nerdy, really got to know players. I got down to a non Spanish centre back in la Liga and drew a blank so had to Google top cbs in la Liga.

Footdle 178 - 8/12
🟥🟥🟥🟥
🟥🟥🟥🟥
🟥🟥🟥🟥
🟥🟩🟥🟥
🟩🟥🟥🟥
🟩🟥🟥🟥
🟩🟩🟥🟥
🟩🟩🟩🟩
██████
██████
██████

FunkMonk

Yeah it's for people with like encyclopedic knowledge of every league, but still a dumb little time waster for the rest of us.

The Larch

Quote from: FunkMonk on June 27, 2022, 01:55:36 PMYeah it's for people with like encyclopedic knowledge of every league, but still a dumb little time waster for the rest of us.

I found it quite easy.  :P

I mean, it was not a truly obscure player. It's from Real Madrid, come on.

FunkMonk

I just don't know la liga at all though :blush:

The Larch

Quote from: FunkMonk on June 27, 2022, 01:59:02 PMI just don't know la liga at all though :blush:

There's an entire football universe outside the Premier League.  :P

FunkMonk

Quote from: The Larch on June 27, 2022, 01:59:57 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on June 27, 2022, 01:59:02 PMI just don't know la liga at all though :blush:

Man I barely got to time watch Arsenal implode every season and you expect me to follow Betis   :lol: :P

Sheilbh

Larchie doesn't, but Bellerin does :(
Let's bomb Russia!

The Larch

Quote from: FunkMonk on June 27, 2022, 02:06:34 PM
Quote from: The Larch on June 27, 2022, 01:59:57 PM

Man I barely got to time watch Arsenal implode every season and you expect me to follow Betis   :lol: :P

I don't expect you to follow Betis, nor Cádiz or Getafe (wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy!), but knowing a Brazilian international that plays for the European champions is not niche knowledge.  :lol:

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 27, 2022, 02:07:17 PMLarchie doesn't, but Bellerin does :(

Why the sad face? AFAIK it's a family thing, as his father is a lifelong Betis supporter.

FunkMonk

Bellerin insists on only playing for Betis which is problematic for Arsenal because they want to offload him anywhere they can but Betis doesn't have the money.

Everything comes back to Arsenal getting owned, in other words.   :D

Sheilbh

Quote from: The Larch on June 27, 2022, 02:13:18 PMWhy the sad face? AFAIK it's a family thing, as his father is a lifelong Betis supporter.
Oh it was meant as a "don't let him down" sad face.

I think it's a wonderful move that I love a lot from a player I like (never watched him play very much I just like his opinions and fashion).
Let's bomb Russia!

FunkMonk

Btw larchie I will shortly be brushing up on my knowledge of Brazilian internationals because apparently Arsenal are buying all of them

The Larch

Quote from: FunkMonk on June 27, 2022, 02:21:05 PMBtw larchie I will shortly be brushing up on my knowledge of Brazilian internationals because apparently Arsenal are buying all of them

Isn't that a bit risky, btw? It's not as if Brazilians have been wildly successful in the Premier League historically speaking.

crazy canuck

Quote from: FunkMonk on June 27, 2022, 01:55:36 PMYeah it's for people with like encyclopedic knowledge of every league, but still a dumb little time waster for the rest of us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZ9myHhpS9s

Monty Python did it first