News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Yeah. I think police forces have probably learned from the Cliff Richards case.
Let's bomb Russia!

Agelastus

Quote from: Tyr on July 21, 2021, 02:24:20 AM
Only a matter of time to before he is named. When I read about this it gave zero details other than greater Manchester police arresting.
Glad they're doing a bit better keeping things under wraps than usual.

Well, the web-page I looked at first when I saw the story on the red-button text last night didn't mention him by name in its reporting.

It's a shame his name was in the URL for the page though so it didn't exactly take me long to work out who it was.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Sheilbh

And of course the Sun has been particularly shitty.

There are legal restrictions which mean he can't be named (in the UK). Everton only have two 31 year old players - Fabian Delph and Gylfi Sigurdsson.

So the Sun ran a story getting outrated about Delph being falsely named online (naming Sigurdsson by a very simple process of elimination - and they had a go at Everton saying that Delph was getting unfair abuse online because Everton hadn't named the player (which they legally can't) <_<
Let's bomb Russia!

Gups

Front page and with a picture as well.

Josquius

Interesting they've got the word SEX next to Davina striking a pose.

The Sun is still banned in Liverpool?
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

The Larch

Varane to Man United confirmed. I really wonder what Real Madrid's defence is going to look like next year.

alfred russel

The best defense is a good offense.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

celedhring

Heh, running tournaments simultaneously to the Olympics. Mexico lost the semifinal today on pens.

Grey Fox

Quote from: celedhring on August 03, 2021, 12:51:38 PM
Heh, running tournaments simultaneously to the Olympics. Mexico lost the semifinal today on pens.

Can't keep delaying everything. Especially for the Gold Cup and a Asia base Olympic.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

celedhring

They should have run it in parallel with the Euros and Copa America. That would've been kinda fun.

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on July 21, 2021, 08:55:02 AM
Interesting they've got the word SEX next to Davina striking a pose.

The Sun is still banned in Liverpool?

Is that what they think about Davina? Sex?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Valmy on August 03, 2021, 12:39:33 PM
So this happened this weekend: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpPazeqrD8U

Hail to the champions!

It's odd to see the Men's side actually win things (Gold Cup, Nation's League) while the Women's side is losing its steam, losing in the semifinal at the Olympics.

Of course the men's junior team didn't even qualify for the Olympics  :lol: but the point is, one cycle is building up while the other is winding down.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

celedhring