News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Quote from: Josephus on October 21, 2009, 07:52:18 PM
Some surprises in the third round of the Champions League.
Watched the Milan v. Real Madrid game today. Fell asleep in the first hour, but boy was that last half hour exciting.

It's good to see billionaire teams lose like that. :)

Michael Laudrup was commentating it here so I had to stay awake to listen and evaluate. He's pretty good... clearly ready for another coaching job (hello Atletico?). This meant that I fell asleep in the 2nd half missing the good part of the game though. :(
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Duque de Bragança

First time I see a team failing two penalties yet winning (Bordeaux vs Bayern)...
Nice madjer as a bonus :)

Josephus

And not that any of you care so much but the MLS heads into its final games this weekend and there's like a half dozen teams vying for the last couple playoff spots.

This is as exciting as it gets. Go--Toronto.....
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

I Killed Kenny

Duque de Bragança

Pat

Zanza

The goal keeper of the German national team and Hannover 96 has committed suicide today. RIP. :(

Liep

Quote from: Zanza on November 10, 2009, 04:20:44 PM
The goal keeper of the German national team and Hannover 96 has committed suicide today. RIP. :(

Apparently by throwing himself in front of a train. Since one shouldn't speak ill of the death I'll just be quiet.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

dps

Damn.  I wouldn't kill myself, but there's gotta be a better way if you want to do yourself in.

Josquius

News reports I've seen say accident.
██████
██████
██████

Duque de Bragança

Saturday Night Play-offs:

Russia-Slovenia 2-1

Late goal by Slovenia spicing up the second leg in a game otherwise dominated by Russia.

Greece-Ukraine 0-0

How surprising  :D

Ireland-France

La France a l'Eire de se rapprocher de l'Afrique du Sud. Lucky goal though.

Portugal-Bosnia 1-0

Outrageous domination at times by Portugal yet only 1 goal. How typical. Bosnia hit the posts twice, however.

Iormlund

In the least friendly and thus most entertaining friendly match I've ever seen, Spain beat the Argies 2 to 1. Although, it could easily have been worse for the Southamericans, especially if the ref had been any good.
For pretty much all the game but the first part of the second half, Spain trashed Maradona's team, which seamed to play without a midfield. :unsure:

Maladict

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Maladict

Denmark score three times in eight minutes against the US  :o