News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Quote from: Tyr on October 20, 2009, 06:59:42 AM
If other teams do then that makes them cheating scum and we should not drop to their level (I do remember that Turkish Brazilian...)

It's not cheating, those guys have the nationality of the team they're now playing for, after having lived and played there for several years. After getting the nationality and fulfilling all the criteria laid by FIFA, why shouldn't they be allowed to play for their new country?

The Larch

Quote from: Valdemar on October 20, 2009, 07:06:33 AM
Still, nationalising him, then picking him for the national team btw. 2 games while the team is in session still seems to be almost defying the intention of the rules, even if by the letter he was eligible :)

I don't really understand what you want to say here.  -_-

What exactly happened with that Brazilian-Portuguese guy?

Valdemar

Quote from: The Larch on October 20, 2009, 07:20:32 AM

He was nationalised 10 days before the game in Copenhagen, in the middle of a team assembly, then put straight on the A team, and then subbed in during the game...

Now how could he possibly know how to play that team, coop with the others, know their system etc.. only ten days after being nationalised, without having trained with them?  :lol:

V

The Larch

Quote from: Valdemar on October 20, 2009, 07:25:59 AM

He was nationalised 10 days before the game in Copenhagen, in the middle of a team assembly, then put straight on the A team, and then subbed in during the game...

Now how could he possibly know how to play that team, coop with the others, know their system etc.. only ten days after being nationalised, without having trained with them?  :lol:

V

Ok, now I get it. Anyway, that's a concern for the national coach, not for the authorities or the naturalization system. If the guy was eligible, nothing could legally prevent him form playing.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Valdemar on October 20, 2009, 06:52:47 AM
Nope the most blatant was as I mentioned the Austrian Handball team where at one point the national team didn't have a single player almost who had been born in Austria :D

Duque, I'm not sure i understand your question? What players from where?

V

Players in high numbers, right before an important match, only just fullfilling the requirements? It can get borderline IMHO.

While it was Liedson who has been playing in Portugal for 6 years, hence fullfilling the years of residence criterium.

As for not playing sooner, maybe you should know that Queiroz's choices are not exactly popular nor particulary bright ;)

Liep

Some of the best playing I've seen from Barcelona, to bad they lost.. also, who were those hardworking Russians? Never heard of that team before.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Brain

Quote from: Valdemar on October 20, 2009, 07:25:59 AM

V

Is a national team training with foreigners forbidden?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valdemar

Quote from: The Brain on October 20, 2009, 04:12:18 PM

Is a national team training with foreigners forbidden?

Nope, I don't think so, but why would you want to train with forreigners unless you magically wants to include them? :D

Saw parts of the Liverpool game... lousy defence :(

V

The Larch

Quote from: Liep on October 20, 2009, 03:59:57 PM
Some of the best playing I've seen from Barcelona

Then you haven't seen much.  :lol:

Liep

Quote from: The Larch on October 21, 2009, 04:08:48 AM

First game since the champion's league last year. :S I just enjoyed Messi and all the combinations. Of course, it didn't amount to much...
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Larch

Quote from: Liep on October 21, 2009, 05:45:31 AM
Quote from: The Larch on October 21, 2009, 04:08:48 AM

First game since the champion's league last year. :S I just enjoyed Messi and all the combinations. Of course, it didn't amount to much...

Well, all the pundits are saying that it was their worst match of the season so far, with several players still out of shape and coming out of injuries, so it kinda shocked me to read that.  :P And Messi is going through a bad spell as well, he has even been questioned for his bad performance in the Argentinian national team.

Josquius

Quote from: The Larch on October 19, 2009, 04:23:44 PM
BTW, apparently there are rumours going on in UEFA circles saying that Ukraine will most probably be stripped of co-organizing Euro '12, with Poland getting the same treatment if their part of the organization doesn't shape up in the coming year.

Then what?
Germany again? :unsure:
██████
██████
██████

Liep

Quote from: The Larch on October 21, 2009, 05:51:52 AM
Well, all the pundits are saying that it was their worst match of the season so far, with several players still out of shape and coming out of injuries, so it kinda shocked me to read that.  :P And Messi is going through a bad spell as well, he has even been questioned for his bad performance in the Argentinian national team.

I watch too little football atm. I blame the commentators really, the channel showing la liga has retards talking. :(

The Larch

Quote from: Tyr on October 21, 2009, 06:20:54 AM
Quote from: The Larch on October 19, 2009, 04:23:44 PM
BTW, apparently there are rumours going on in UEFA circles saying that Ukraine will most probably be stripped of co-organizing Euro '12, with Poland getting the same treatment if their part of the organization doesn't shape up in the coming year.

Then what?
Germany again? :unsure:

It seems that they're the backup, yes.

Josephus

Some surprises in the third round of the Champions League.
Watched the Milan v. Real Madrid game today. Fell asleep in the first hour, but boy was that last half hour exciting.

It's good to see billionaire teams lose like that. :)
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011