News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

Still no comments on the draw?

I guess Porto will be on the way out. Only Dortmund, somewhat in crisis, would have given equal chances.

Arsenal is in crisis, but Benfica plays like crap since Jesus does not perform miracles.
Tough draw for Braga but they can make it.

Threviel

Wait a minute. Why do you often talk about Gothenburg?

Liep

Barca PSG, which of the super stars will still play for their current team when the first game starts?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Liep on December 14, 2020, 04:49:51 PM
Barca PSG, which of the super stars will still play for their current team when the first game starts?
Not Neymar, while injured again, he will be busy celebrating his sister's birthday.

Liep

Lewandowski named Best Footballer in 2020. No surprise I guess. A little scandalous is that Harder only came in 2nd. :(
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

FunkMonk

It's difficult to see Arsenal persisting with Arteta much past New Year's if results don't change. Chelsea next in the league (almost assuredly a loss), then away to Brighton and West Brom, both easily loseable games by this Arsenal squad. Relegation genuinely in the cards.

Shaking my damn head  :weep:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Admiral Yi

Liep

I still can't believe that Braithwaite is a bigger success in Barca than Eriksen is in Inter. I can see why, I just don't believe it.

celedhring

Koeman likes to play with natural centreforwards, and Braithwaite is the only one in the roster. And once he's on the pitch, well he has Messi threading passes to him...

Liep

Quote from: celedhring on December 23, 2020, 02:59:22 AM
Koeman likes to play with natural centreforwards, and Braithwaite is the only one in the roster. And once he's on the pitch, well he has Messi threading passes to him...

Yes, the circumstances for success there are good for him. Any idea what happens in January?

celedhring

Nothing will happen, we're broke. Only chance to sign a striker is if we sell another player first. And due to being cup-tied we don't really have that many movable assets.

Biggest threat for him right now is when Fati/Dembelé come back from injury. Koeman might do some shuffling to accomodate everybody. We have loads of attacking players for just 3 spots.

Duque de Bragança

PSG coach fired!
Thomas Tuchel, with a mere six months of contract remaining with the club. Despite winning 4-0 in the last game, PSG is only third in the French League. The Final 8 final last season and the qualification to the round of 16 in the CL was not enough. Maybe the interview given to a German channel was the last straw but reports of bad relationship with Leonardo, sporting Director, have been heard for quite a while.

In short, more PSG nouveau riche comedy.  :P

Liep

Rumours talk about Pochettino replacing him. I hope that would mean he brings Eriksen to PSG and release him from Conte-hell.

FunkMonk

Genuinely shocked that Arsenal defeated Chelsea. It's a True Christmas Miracle.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Sheilbh

Quote from: FunkMonk on December 26, 2020, 02:40:42 PM
Genuinely shocked that Arsenal defeated Chelsea. It's a True Christmas Miracle.
Today's matches are falling a good way for Everton to take on Sheffield United who still only have 1 point. And I, for one, am looking forward to losing 3-1 :ph34r: :weep:
Let's bomb Russia!