Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on October 19, 2009, 07:44:19 AM
November Play-offs

Republic of Ireland-France
Portugal-Bosnia-Herzegovina
Greece-Ukraine
Russia-Slovenia

I bet France, Portugal, Ukraine and Russia will go through.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: The Larch on October 19, 2009, 07:45:50 AM
November Play-offs

Greece-Ukraine
Russia-Slovenia

I bet France, Portugal, Ukraine and Russia will go through.

I bet the Greece-Ukraine game will be a snore fest  :D

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on October 10, 2009, 11:24:10 PM
Even though it was pretty much a done deal months ago the US officially qualified tonight.  I look forward to Altidore hoisting the World Cup in triumph next year.

I don't know--had our team dropped the last two, we would be in the playoff with South America for a spot. And we almost did--we trailed in both games (the last one by two goals), before eeking out a one goal win (where the opposition missed a late PK) and a tie against Costa Rica and Honduras. And in the game before that, we were very fortunate to get a one goal win against Trinidad and Tobago.

We are not playing very well going into the World Cup. I'm prepared for a group stage exit.   :(
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Valmy on October 19, 2009, 08:15:56 AM
Quote from: Tyr on October 19, 2009, 08:10:38 AM
Ouch, poor Ireland. :(

:menace: :frog:

I bet 20 or 30 thousands will travel to the SDF providing a real atmosphere. Hell, I would not be surprised if they managed to be a plurality...

Valmy

Quote from: alfred russel on October 19, 2009, 08:24:09 AM
We are not playing very well going into the World Cup. I'm prepared for a group stage exit.   :(

We should always be prepared for that following the US national team :P

But I think they are capable of much more next year.  They are simply more talented than in years past and we still have a long time until the tournament starts.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josquius

I'm somewhat hopeful for England.
We did well in qualifying and it'll be winter in South Africa when the tournament takes place- tropical temperatures are often a big undoing factor for European teams.
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

Quote from: Tyr on October 19, 2009, 08:53:39 AM
We did well in qualifying and it'll be winter in South Africa when the tournament takes place- tropical temperatures are often a big undoing factor for European teams.

Yet you still don't have a real goalkeeper and your strikers, besides Rooney, are not up to the task. I mean, Heskey is still being capped.

Warspite

Quote from: The Larch on October 19, 2009, 09:03:14 AM

Yet you still don't have a real goalkeeper and your strikers, besides Rooney, are not up to the task. I mean, Heskey is still being capped.

Actually when Heskey is used properly, he's a very good team player, and very difficult for defences to deal with.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Josephus

True....but the same holds true for Germany, italy and other Euro teams.

Don't get me wrong, I've been a supporter of England since I was born in June 66. I'm also somewhat optimistic. They do have a strong team. They do need to solidify their goaltending, though.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Josquius

Quote from: Josephus on October 19, 2009, 09:25:37 AM
True....but the same holds true for Germany, italy and other Euro teams.

Don't get me wrong, I've been a supporter of England since I was born in June 66. I'm also somewhat optimistic. They do have a strong team. They do need to solidify their goaltending, though.
Yep. It does indeed hold true for them also. They too could do pretty good.
But its usually hot countries that are England's undoing- Portugal, Brazil, Argentina.

Quote from: The LarchYet you still don't have a real goalkeeper and your strikers, besides Rooney, are not up to the task. I mean, Heskey is still being capped.
The Bent star is rising.
The lack of a world class keeper is a big problem though.

Quote from: WarspiteActually when Heskey is used properly, he's a very good team player, and very difficult for defences to deal with.
hmm....quite similar to Jones for Sunerland...Bent could link up well with him.
██████
██████
██████

Liep

November Play-offs

Greece-Ukraine
Russia-Slovenia

A couple of possible upsets here. All I can say is go Bosnia!
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Maladict