News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Quote from: celedhring on November 24, 2020, 04:34:52 PM
Yes Liep, we should be playing Braithwaite more.

It's 2020, of course benching Messi and playing Braithwaite is a better solution.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

FunkMonk

Apparently Maradona has just died  :cry:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Josephus

Sucks about Maradona. Great player. His legacy overtaken by his extracurrricular activities.

I'm an England fan, so I'm inclined to hate him; but my favourite Italian club is Napoli...so there's that.

:(
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Sheilbh

Oh no :(

The recent Asif Kapadia documentary on him is outstanding - even for non-football fans:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuErPYsoaR4

Edit: Better trailer.
Let's bomb Russia!

The Brain

RIP. Few players have been able to become the football like him. :(
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Larch

RIP. It was due to happen sooner or later, that kind of lifestyle had to take its toll.

HVC

Quote from: Josephus on November 25, 2020, 12:22:44 PM
Sucks about Maradona. Great player. His legacy overtaken by his extracurrricular activities.

I'm an England fan, so I'm inclined to hate him; but my favourite Italian club is Napoli...so there's that.

You shouldn't hate the hand of god. it was retribution for screwing over portugal
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

celedhring

Quote from: The Larch on November 25, 2020, 12:58:04 PM
RIP. It was due to happen sooner or later, that kind of lifestyle had to take its toll.

I'd say it's a bit of a miracle he lasted until 60.

One of the greats. I only have blurry memories of him playing for Barça (outside of watching tapes games when I was older), but I have fresher memories of his times at Napoli and he was magnificent. RIP  :(

Duque de Bragança

Despite the wreck he was in his last years, he will still be one of the Greats.

RIP :(

Sheilbh

Three days of official mourning in Argentina, in case there was any doubt how much he was loved and revered there.

Wouldn't be surprised if Naples follows suit.
Let's bomb Russia!

Josephus

Quote from: HVC on November 25, 2020, 01:35:11 PM

You shouldn't hate the hand of god. it was retribution for screwing over portugal

No one remembers that
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Josephus on November 25, 2020, 05:02:05 PM

No one remembers that

Wrong.

Duque de Bragança

Somewhat luckily for Olympique de Marseille, with their famous unoficial motto " à jamais les premiers" they will for ever be the first team in the Champions' League to lose 13 games in a row.

A jamais les premiers!

Anderlecht, (previous record holder) thank them.

Liep

In consecutive Champion's Leagues? That's pretty impressive.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on November 25, 2020, 05:10:16 PM
Quote from: Josephus on November 25, 2020, 05:02:05 PM

No one remembers that

Wrong.

:lol:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"