News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Yay! We get to see Maradonna in the WC. Is he the new Mourinho? I mean, of course, without the actual skills.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Larch

Quote from: Liep on October 15, 2009, 07:23:41 AM
Yay! We get to see Maradonna in the WC. Is he the new Mourinho? I mean, of course, without the actual skills.

Nah, at least Mou has panache and an something resembling class. Maradona has nothing of that. You should have seen his press conference after the Uruguay - Argentina game.

Mr.Penguin

Quote from: Liep on October 14, 2009, 03:52:54 PM
Aaaaand we're back to playing like crap.

Come on, everyone was still hungover from saturdays party and it was to cold to play...

besides we are on our way to South Africa... ;)
Real men drag their Guns into position

Spell check is for losers

Liep

Quote from: Mr.Penguin on October 15, 2009, 11:43:04 AM
Come on, everyone was still hungover from saturdays party and it was to cold to play...

besides we are on our way to South Africa... ;)

So we'll only play good in SA if there's no champagne available. :P
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josquius

In case you didn't watch the Liverpool-Sunderland game yesterday (odds are good) here is the awesome match winning goal. :lol:

edit- argghhhh the link won't stick!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2RusLT4BdM
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Quote from: Tyr on October 18, 2009, 07:42:59 AM
In case you didn't watch the Liverpool-Sunderland game yesterday (odds are good) here is the awesome match winning goal. :lol:

In a lifetime, you can only see such a thing once.  :lol:

Warspite

Well I'm now reduced to hoping Bosnia qualify, the manager is our legendary one from '98.

@Tyr: awesome, thanks for the link - though that ginger prat is a marked man now.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Josephus

Quote from: Tyr on October 18, 2009, 07:42:59 AM

edit- argghhhh the link won't stick!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2RusLT4BdM

Liverpool's fault. The goalie should have cleared it before that happened.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josquius

Quote from: Josephus on October 18, 2009, 08:38:25 AM
Liverpool's fault. The goalie should have cleared it before that happened.
Yep, I'd probally be saying something different were the shoe on the other foot but...goals caused by bits of dirt sticking up and the like happen all the time. Its part of the keepers job to ensure theres no dogy bits of earth around the goal. This is a logical extension.
Apparently though hidden away in the rule book is that if the ball hits a foreign object it should be a drop kick there.
I'm just glad a shitty decision went in favour of my team instead of against it as they usually do. i.e. in that particular game the 7 minutes of injury time....
██████
██████
██████

Josephus

It's a tough call, perhaps. Depending on the interpretation of the rules.

I think the rules state that if there is an outside interference, "the game has to be stopped."

The ref should have stopped the game or motioned to Reina to clear the beachball away. But he let the play continue so the goal should stand.

I haven't heard anything about Benitez going ape shit about it.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Warspite

Well the last time the goalie started getting rid of foreign objects in the box (a load of balloons), that also ended up in a goal.  :lol:
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Agelastus

Quote from: Josephus on October 18, 2009, 12:01:58 PM
It's a tough call, perhaps. Depending on the interpretation of the rules.

I think the rules state that if there is an outside interference, "the game has to be stopped."

The ref should have stopped the game or motioned to Reina to clear the beachball away. But he let the play continue so the goal should stand.

I haven't heard anything about Benitez going ape shit about it.

He hasn't been. Liverpool were shit, even if the goal they actually lost by was one that should have been disallowed under a strict interpretation of the rules.

I hope the Saudis buy into the club and let Benitez have some money. On the other hand, they seem to be buying Gillette's share, when it is Hicks who should be the one leaving the club. :mad:
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: The Larch on October 15, 2009, 07:34:00 AM

Nah, at least Mou has panache and an something resembling class. Maradona has nothing of that. You should have seen his press conference after the Uruguay - Argentina game.

That's precisely an argument FOR Maradona. Hilarious nervous breakdown FTW! :D

The Larch

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on October 19, 2009, 02:10:39 AM
Quote from: The Larch on October 15, 2009, 07:34:00 AM

That's precisely an argument FOR Maradona. Hilarious nervous breakdown FTW! :D

I guess it's either hillarious or embarrassing, depending on your pov.  :P

Duque de Bragança

November Play-offs

Republic of Ireland vs France
Portugal vs Bosnia-Herzegovina
Greece vs Ukraine
Russia vs Slovenia