And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanza

Maladict

Zanza

Looking at who else qualified so far: how the fuck did North Korea qualify? The bigger Asian countries are really poor in football. China, India, Iran, Pakistan, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam etc. all have huge populations, but North Korea qualifies and Bahrain is in the play-off game against New Zealand.

Maladict

Quote from: Zanza on October 10, 2009, 12:24:19 PM

15th consecutive qualification.  :P

I don't mind that, but I would have liked Russia to advance.

Zanza

Russia seems to be by far the strongest team in the play-offs. And they can't face France as those games will be seeded. I think the likelihood of Russia playing in the finals is very high.

Maladict

Quote from: Zanza on October 10, 2009, 12:44:09 PM
Russia seems to be by far the strongest team in the play-offs. And they can't face France as those games will be seeded. I think the likelihood of Russia playing in the finals is very high.

Yeah, I know. But Russia might slip up during the play-offs, Germany wouldn't.

Josephus

Quote from: Zanza on October 10, 2009, 12:44:09 PM

Are you sure about that? I thought it was a pretty random thing.

[Edit:] No, you're right. Funny, commentator during the Russia Germany game kept on saying that Russia could face Croatia or France.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Maladict

Zanza

And Turkey is already gone. Interesting to see Bosnia go to the play-offs.

Portugal might not make it either. That's three out of eight Euro 2008 quarter finalists.

Argentina also had a really poor qualification so far. But I guess they will make it.

Liep

Denmark - Sweden is quite interesting so far, surprising to see Sweden so defensive with 9-10 man constantly behind the ball.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Maladict

Quote from: Liep on October 10, 2009, 03:05:02 PM
YES!

Meh, you Scandies should've conspired to keep the eggplants out.
Now it's up to Hungary. :bleeding:

Liep

Quote from: Maladict on October 10, 2009, 03:08:27 PM

Meh, you Scandies should've conspired to keep the eggplants out.

Beating Sweden and going to the WC is so much sweeter than keeping the Portutards out. Sorry world, but Scandiweenian internal fighting > the good of football.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Liep on October 10, 2009, 03:17:54 PM
Quote from: Maladict on October 10, 2009, 03:08:27 PM

Meh, you Scandies should've conspired to keep the porkchops out.

Beating Sweden and going to the WC is so much sweeter than keeping the Portutards out. Sorry world, but Scandiweenian internal fighting > the good of football.

Tak Danmark  :blush: