News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

This Euro cup there's going to be more spots than usual right?
I know they're doing a weird europe wide thing.
I do hope Kosovo qualify, I think 3rd place teams still can right?
██████
██████
██████

Duque de Bragança

Nope, same as in 2016 i.e 24.
What changes is the League of Nations results, no longer best thirds, though in some cases this amounts to the same.
Play-offs in March for the remaining 4 spots. Final Four for each spot.

Liep

Last game of the qualifiers and winner takes it all in the Ireland - Denmark game, we're through with a tie. It's a horrible game, I think the Danes have a passing rating below 50%.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Duque de Bragança

2 Danes already out, due to injury. Irish fighting spirit!  :D

Duque de Bragança

Well, now is the time for this famed Irish fighting spirit : Denmark scored and only 20 mins left to score 2 goals.
The Irish defense was caught sleeping by a realist Danish squad.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Duque de Bragança

Denmark got lucky, that could be a penalty.

Duque de Bragança

Deserved equaliser. Last minutes should be interesting. :)

Liep

That's what happens when you stop playing football. 1-1 :(

Liep

Clear hands, unfortunately outside the box so no review. An ugly but entertaining game.

Liep

What a mess. :lol: But we're through! :yeah: :w00t:

Duque de Bragança

Tie seems fair, Ireland was not good enough to beat Denmark.
Ireland still gets a chance to qualify through League of Nations play-offs I believe. A major tournament without Irish fans would be sad.

PS: speaking of ugly games, the last Portugal game vs Luxembourg was not great though part of it stems from the sorry state of the pitch, best described as a potato field.

Liep

Porchettino out Mourinho in. What a trade for Tottenham. :bleeding:

The Larch

Quote from: Syt on November 17, 2019, 07:36:48 AM
So the Spanish Super Cup will be played in Saudi Arabia for the next three years? I'm sure Spanish fans will appreciate that. :P

It's a complete disgrace. They take the cup there, change the format (from a straight up game between Barcelona and Valencia, the teams that actually qualified, it'll now be a final four format, including Real and Atlético) and rig the way of splitting the earnings to favour bigger clubs, as well as the draw as, coincidence of coincidences, Barcelona and Real Madrid won't face each other in the semis. It's an extremely thinly disguised attempt to get an officially sanctioned and competitive Barcelona - Real Madrid game there, with those teams getting most of the money as well.

Some media outlets have already said that they'll refuse to cover it, I myself will completely ignore it as well.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: The Larch on November 20, 2019, 07:22:33 AM
Quote from: Syt on November 17, 2019, 07:36:48 AM
So the Spanish Super Cup will be played in Saudi Arabia for the next three years? I'm sure Spanish fans will appreciate that. :P

It's a complete disgrace. They take the cup there, change the format (from a straight up game between Barcelona and Valencia, the teams that actually qualified, it'll now be a final four format, including Real and Atlético) and rig the way of splitting the earnings to favour bigger clubs, as well as the draw as, coincidence of coincidences, Barcelona and Real Madrid won't face each other in the semis. It's an extremely thinly disguised attempt to get an officially sanctioned and competitive Barcelona - Real Madrid game there, with those teams getting most of the money as well.

Some media outlets have already said that they'll refuse to cover it, I myself will completely ignore it as well.

Must be Allah's will.  :lol:

Ojalá it fails.  :P