News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Quote from: Josephus on September 05, 2009, 01:52:13 PM
Watching the Portugal-Denmark game, Liep? Denmark's lucky so far. That should have been a penalty against them, instead they scored. Should be 1-0 the other way at halftime.

Was working so heard it on the radio. It was a good result for Denmark, a world class play by Bendtner, some good saves by Andersen and some sucky play by Portugal. Personally, I think that God saw that the Portutards shouldn't be allowed to win anything.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Duque de Bragança

The Danes pulled a Portugal against Albania it seems (goal by the inevitable Bendtner notwithstanding). Sweden almost did as well but won thanks to a Maltese own goal.  :lol: Next game will prove interesting for sure...

Portugal painfully won against Hungary as always when they win against a decent opponent lately.

France tied at 10 with some luck vs Serbia (Balkanics almost qualified) but seems headed to the play-off thanks to favourable results in the other games of the group like Lithuania losing against the Feroers (good one) and Austria having a tie with Romania. Another great goal for Titi, savior of the night.  :D

Tamas

Hungary played what it had to play to have a chance against the sleepy Portugese, sadly not only it rendered their attacking play more impotent than it generally is, but a single mistake allowed a portugese goal. Not that it matters too much.

Liep

Worst game we played in the qualification so far, the only good action we had was Bendter's goal. Rommedahl. :bleeding:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josephus

Malta came close to sticking it to them Swedes...an own goal ....bah!

But Eng-er-land...Capello rules
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Warspite

And Bilic oversees the worst game by a Croatian team since independence.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Zoupa

So how does qualifying for the WC work for the 2nd place teams in the european groups?

It seems France has no chance of making it to 1st anymore  :(

Zoupa

Nvm, I found it. Holy shit.

13 spots for UEFA. 9 group leaders qualify. The best 8 runner-ups then play home and away games for the remaining 4 spots. :cry:

I'm so very scared.

Zanza

So far only Spain, England and Holland are certainly qualified.

For Germany, everything depends on the game versus Russia next month. If Germany wins or ties, Germany will be first in the group. If they lose, Russia will be first and Germany will have to go to the runner-up games.

The Larch

Quote from: Zoupa on September 09, 2009, 11:24:05 PM

13 spots for UEFA. 9 group leaders qualify. The best 8 runner-ups then play home and away games for the remaining 4 spots. :cry:

I'm so very scared.

Come on, you can draw Bosnia.  :P And at least you're not in Portugal's situation.  :lol:

Warspite

Quote from: Zoupa on September 09, 2009, 11:24:05 PM

I'm so very scared.

The breakup of Yugoslavia and the USSR, it seems, has been terrible for European teams getting to the world cup.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Josephus

Quote from: Zanza on September 10, 2009, 12:31:19 AM
So far only Spain, England and Holland are certainly qualified.

For Germany, everything depends on the game versus Russia next month. If Germany wins or ties, Germany will be first in the group. If they lose, Russia will be first and Germany will have to go to the runner-up games.

I think the Russians should play that game in Stalingrad, or whatever they call it now..Vulvagrad.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Maladict

*bump*
Some great matches lined up, looking forward to Portugal being eliminated  :cool:

Josephus

Yup.

The Portugal Hungary game and Russa/Germany appear to be the most intersting, and both are on TV here.

Civis Romanus Sum

Liep

Quote from: Josephus on October 10, 2009, 09:46:22 AM
Yup.

The Portugal Hungary game and Russa/Germany appear to be the most intersting, and both are on TV here.

I'll see your Portugal - Hungary game and raise with Denmark - Sweden. What an evening!