Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Chelsea vs Leeds? How's that come about? :unsure:
██████
██████
██████

Gups

Quote from: Josquius on April 22, 2022, 04:55:58 AMChelsea vs Leeds? How's that come about? :unsure:

Goes back to the 60s but really kicked off in the 1970 FA Cup final which was a seriously ditrty game. Head butts, kung fu kick, the lot Worth youtubing.

Lots of hoolie based rivalry too with both clubs having nasty firms - headhunters for Chelsea and Service Crew for Leeds.

Syt

Bayern Munich has good chances to become champions this weekend for the 10th season in a row. German paper Zeit has put their league match points and those of other teams into a table: https://www.zeit.de/sport/2022-04/fussball-bundesliga-fc-bayern-muenchen-zehnte-meisterschaft

The less scrolly version of just the top 10:

Bayern Munich - 824
Borussia Dortmund - 652
Bayer Leverkusen - 568
Borussia Mönchengladbach - 521
VfL Wolfsburg - 486
1899 Hoffenheim - 464
Eintracht Frankfurt - 455
FSV Mainz 05 - 416
FC Schalke 04 - 413
FC Augsburg - 387
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

FunkMonk

Seeing reports that Conte wants to leave Spurs for PSG next season.

What do you think Duque?
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Duque de Bragança

Pochettino is certainly on the way out.
Problem is, Conte's CL record is pretty abysmal and that's what interests Doha.
OTOH, coaches with an excellent CL record had trouble as well.

PSG needs a total shake-up with less interference from Doha, a coach free to make tough choices, get rid of the prima donnas or discipline them, plus some coherent team composition choices. Focussing on expensive pre-retirement players is a no.
Either Mbappé's contract has to be extended or he will have to be replaced.
Macron suggested he left for Marseille so he would stay in Ligue 1.  :lol:

So, Conte? Well, he's not the most likely now after his disappointing last tenure as coach but if he may be foolhardy enough and QSI pays well.  :P

Duque de Bragança

So Conte said yes, but with draconian conditions:

- 30 million € per annum vs the 17 he gets at Tottenham
- to come with his own "Director of technical performance" (Leonard out in PSG basically)
- new, improved and bigger staff
- some extra personnel to keep players in line, namely regarding social networks

https://rmcsport.bfmtv.com/football/transferts/mercato-les-conditions-enormes-d-antonio-conte-pour-signer-au-psg_AV-202204260241.html?fbclid=IwAR3_6hISWSX_GH8OMHs3p14NrAroJ_qbGYWkb-06NGOOSX8s7yWVqgX3MiI

For all I know, it could be a no disguised as a yes.  :P

Rumors of Zidane being on the short list as well.

FunkMonk

I thought Zizou said he would never go to PSG?

FunkMonk

Conte could make sense if Qatar really do want to clean house of some players. They have some good wing backs too, no? Perfect for Antonio.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: FunkMonk on April 26, 2022, 08:37:56 AMI thought Zizou said he would never go to PSG?

Does not apply to Q(SI) (P)SG I guess.  :P

Sheilbh

Quote from: FunkMonk on April 22, 2022, 11:57:47 AMSeeing reports that Conte wants to leave Spurs for PSG next season.

What do you think Duque?
Given that Conte fell out with the board of Chelsea for not getting enough transfer money and reportedly wanted to buy six new players at Spurs, I'm not surprised he's looking for a move :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

FunkMonk

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 26, 2022, 09:58:02 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on April 22, 2022, 11:57:47 AMSeeing reports that Conte wants to leave Spurs for PSG next season.

What do you think Duque?
Given that Conte fell out with the board of Chelsea for not getting enough transfer money and reportedly wanted to buy six new players at Spurs, I'm not surprised he's looking for a move :lol:

The guy just wants to have a tiny say in the management of the club. Can you blame him?   :P 

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: FunkMonk on April 26, 2022, 10:34:46 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on April 26, 2022, 09:58:02 AM

What do you think Duque?

The guy just wants to have a tiny say in the management of the club. Can you blame him?   :P 

If he is serious about PSG, then he may blamed since he would be there only to manage the egos of prima donnas past their prime.  :P

FunkMonk

Very likely Arsenal finish at least 5th now, assuming United drop any points at all in their last 3 games, which is probably a safe assumption to make at this point.

Absolute successful season, even if they don't make 4th. At the start of the season I was doubtful Arteta could do it with this squad but I was proven wrong. He deserves more time to build out his team and hopefully make finishing in the Top 4 a regular occurrence.

The Larch

So Haaland to City seems to be official now. Let's see how that goes, he doesn't strike me as the kind of player for Guardiola's system, but he's such a force that it will have to be seen, and Guardiola did want a striker after all, what with wanting Kane and Cristiano the last summer.

FunkMonk

NLD soon. The visiting side rarely wins these so I think Arsenal will probably lose. A draw would be immense though. It would mean they just need to beat either Everton or Newcastle to finish 4th.

If you had told me at the beginning of the season that Arsenal would be challenging for 4th and just a few points behind 3rd I would have laughed out loud. Proud of the boys, no matter the result.