News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Having seen a bit of United today - I think that's very optimistic for them :ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!

FunkMonk

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 09, 2022, 10:49:37 AMHaving seen a bit of United today - I think that's very optimistic for them :ph34r:

True  :lol:

I'm still pulling for Everton to make it out. That win was a good way to start off a hard set of fixtures.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

FunkMonk

Quote from: Josephus on April 12, 2022, 04:38:42 PMVillareal :huh:

Emery is incredible.

Couldn't do it for Arsenal but I'm still happy for him. Good coach at one thing, but damn he is really good at it.

FunkMonk

Also, one more Good ebening:lol:

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: FunkMonk on April 12, 2022, 06:07:43 PM
Quote from: Josephus on April 12, 2022, 04:38:42 PMVillareal :huh:

Emery is incredible.

Couldn't do it for Arsenal but I'm still happy for him. Good coach at one thing, but damn he is really good at it.

PSG coaches seems to much more successful once out of PSG, for some reason :
Emery, Tuchel, Ancelotti. Maybe Pochettino will prove me wrong (Laurent Blanc has hardly coached since then).

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

FunkMonk

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 15, 2022, 06:23:32 AMBurnley have fired Dyche :huh: :blink:

Bizarre. That's them finished then.

FunkMonk

Also I'm assuming this is good for Everton. Burnley imploding means Everton can straggle along and still be safe.

Also, possibly replace Lampard with Dyche???  :D

Sheilbh

Yeah I think so because I literally can't think of anyone better able to keep Burnley up than Sean Dyche :huh:

I think we may still spiral off in a more chaotic direction :ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!

FunkMonk

Didn't realize he had been Burnley manager for 10 years, although I vaguely remember him being appointed. He must have been one of the longest ever at a single club in the Premier League era, right?

Fergie
Wenger
Moyes
Dyche?

:lol:

Jacob

Saw an article saying how Barca is going through a bit of turmoil because 30,000 Eintracht Frankfurt fans showed up to watch their team send Barca out of the Europa League at Camp Nou - when the teams fans had only been allocated 5,000 tickets.

Agelastus

Quote from: FunkMonk on April 15, 2022, 01:45:09 PMDidn't realize he had been Burnley manager for 10 years, although I vaguely remember him being appointed. He must have been one of the longest ever at a single club in the Premier League era, right?

Fergie
Wenger
Moyes
Dyche?

:lol:

Counting just the Premier League (as they don't seem to want to remember the old First Division) the current "longest-serving" five are -

Wenger
Ferguson
Moyes
Kinnear
Redknapp

Dyche may have managed Burnley for 10 years but a lot of those years were outside the Premiership.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Josquius

Firing dyche seems madness. Especially now. They're expecting somebody to save them?
The best Burnley can hope for us yoyo club status and dyche is the perfect man for this.
██████
██████
██████

Josephus

Quote from: Josquius on April 16, 2022, 04:55:54 AMFiring dyche seems madness. Especially now. They're expecting somebody to save them?
The best Burnley can hope for us yoyo club status and dyche is the perfect man for this.

Likely something else was going on there.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011