News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: celedhring on August 14, 2020, 03:48:13 PM
Great thing of alcohol is that it works either you win or you lose like this.
That's drink or lose, booze!

FunkMonk

Oh hey I heard Barca and Bayern played today I'll just go check the sc-

:lmfao:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Josephus

Commentator was saying this "marks the end of an era."

I think this concludes what has been a fairly rapid decline. I wonder if Messi sees out the end of his contract there.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Monoriu

I think the Barcelona squad is just too old.  They need new blood.  Messi is like 33. 

Valmy

Quote from: Monoriu on August 15, 2020, 10:31:34 AM
I think the Barcelona squad is just too old.  They need new blood.  Messi is like 33. 

Mono saying the status quo should be pushed aside? :o
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Valmy on August 15, 2020, 12:54:03 PM
Quote from: Monoriu on August 15, 2020, 10:31:34 AM

Mono saying the status quo should be pushed aside? :o

Status quo in this case is a strong Barça side, with or without Messi.  :P

Duque de Bragança

Lyon leading 1-0 at halftime vs Man City. Not the first time in recent years Man City would be defeated by Lyon, but still, so far, quite an upset.  :hmm:

Duque de Bragança

1-1 by KDB, at the 75th minute.

Liep

3-1 to Lyon moments after Sterling misses the biggest chance of the season.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

FunkMonk

Two great days of foot in a row, it must be said.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Duque de Bragança

Two French clubs in CL semi-finals... Well, Lyon only needs to win the CL to play it next year.  :P
Which makes the performance even more impressive.

PS: vs 2 German clubs...

Duque de Bragança

Last time Lyon reached semi-finals was 10 years ago, after beating a French club  :P, they were subsequently beaten by Bayern. 
They will meet again. Seems difficult given the thrashing Bayern delivered to Barça. :hmm:

PS : No Messi, nor Ronaldo, in CL semi-finals for the first time since 2006. "Marks the end of an era" indeed.

Admiral Yi

Does Barcalounger have any Catalan-favoring personnel policies, similar to that one Basque team?

Duque de Bragança

Nope, it's no Athletic/Atlético Bilbao.