And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Quote from: Neil on April 01, 2009, 09:07:56 PM

You cheering for the Mexican team?

They weren't playing to my knowledge, so answer is no.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Liep

Quote from: HVC on April 01, 2009, 07:19:26 PM
Portugal has to win like all their games now. which means that come the WC all the porkchops in Ontario shall proudly be Brazllian lol

Both Denmark and Sweden are known to fuck up everything for themselves. So don't lose your hope.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Delirium

Where are Denmark and Sweden known to fuck up?
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Liep

Quote from: Delirium on April 02, 2009, 04:36:27 AM

Football? Or are we discussing something else now? :unsure:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Valmy

Wow Mexico got destroyed by Honduras...with two matches to go in qualifying they might not make it without winning a playoff with a South American team.

It is virtually impossible for the US not to qualify after that hat trick by Altidore in that glorious 3-0 trouncing of T&T.  :cool:

We will see you guys in South Africa.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Delirium

Quote from: Liep on April 02, 2009, 05:39:09 AM
Quote from: Delirium on April 02, 2009, 04:36:27 AM

Football? Or are we discussing something else now? :unsure:

No, it's football, I'm asking where in the world Denmark and Sweden are known to fuck up? Cause here in Sweden we do not believe we fuck up, as our history of qualifying for championships will tell you.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Valmy

By the way I am totally digging the US' new explosive offense.  I hope they keep the 4-4-2.  Two strikers, especially ones as good as Altidore and Ching, really keep the pressure on the other team.  Besides that it makes it alot more fun for me to watch.  :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josephus

Quote from: Valmy on April 02, 2009, 08:01:32 AM
Wow Mexico got destroyed by Honduras...with two matches to go in qualifying they might not make it without winning a playoff with a South American team.

The Sven Ericksson syndrome. :bowler:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Liep

Quote from: Delirium on April 02, 2009, 08:07:24 AM

No, it's football, I'm asking where in the world Denmark and Sweden are known to fuck up? Cause here in Sweden we do not believe we fuck up, as our history of qualifying for championships will tell you.

I correct myself then! Denmark alone will fuck up. :P

At least if we begin to believe we'll qualify. If we continue to believe that our team sucks we have a chance.

katmai

Quote from: Josephus on April 02, 2009, 08:18:35 AM

The Sven Ericksson syndrome. :bowler:

QuoteMexico coach Sven-Goran Eriksson fired

36 minutes ago

MEXICO CITY (AP)—Mexico soccer coach Sven-Goran Eriksson was fired Thursday, a day after a 3-1 loss to Honduras in a World Cup qualifier.

Eriksson had been the coach for less than a year, but Mexico had just one win in its last seven games.

“We told Mr. Eriksson that his term with the national team has finished,” Justino Compean, president of Mexico’s soccer federation, said at a news conference.

Eriksson, a 61-year-old Swede, is a former England coach and the first foreigner to coach Mexico in 11 years. He was hired in June to replace Mexican star Hugo Sanchez, who was fired after the country’s under-23 team failed to qualify for the Olympics.

Eriksson stirred controversy inside a country fiercely loyal to its national team when he added four naturalized citizens to the roster.

After the announcement, Eriksson wished the team luck and said the country’s patience had run out. He said he, too, was “frustrated by the results” but remained optimistic Mexico would still qualify for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.

Honduras overtook Mexico in CONCACAF qualifying, jumping from last place to third with four points, one ahead of the Mexicans. The United States leads with seven points, and Costa Rica is second with six.

Possible coaching successors include two Mexicans: former Atletico Madrid coach Javier Aguirre, who left the struggling Spanish club also after a losing streak, and Jose Manuel de la Torre, the coach of Toluca, last year’s Mexican league champion.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Maladict

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on April 02, 2009, 08:01:32 AM
We will see you guys in South Africa.
Whereupon your support will get them destroyed.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

FC Porto has a guy named Hulk on the team.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Norgy

Well, it's a nickname. All Brazilians have them.
Quite a talented player, though. And still fairly young.

He should be partnered with Smash up front.