And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 07, 2018, 05:08:24 AM
Quote from: celedhring on June 07, 2018, 04:15:17 AM
That would have me root for France. Yuck.

Relax, that is so far fetched. You are no Lucas Hernández.:P

I have (had :() a French grandad!

Duque de Bragança

French law does not recognise jus sanguinis in the case of a grandfather sorry.  :console:

Pedrito

It seems that Juventus is seriously interested in signing Cristiano Ronaldo, for a horrific quantity of money.  :huh:

From a business point of view, it could be a rather smart move for Juventus, to open up the brand marketability with the name of the single most valuable player in the game.

From a fan point of view, I say KEEP DREAMING THE DREAM!!!

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

The Larch

Quote from: Pedrito on July 04, 2018, 09:32:20 AM
It seems that Juventus is seriously interested in signing Cristiano Ronaldo, for a horrific quantity of money.  :huh:

From a business point of view, it could be a rather smart move for Juventus, to open up the brand marketability with the name of the single most valuable player in the game.

L.

It's being talked profusely over here as well, given that around half of our sport media have a raging hard on for him.

Does Juve seriously have that much money? It seems too much for a publicity stunt.

Liep

Which foreign billionaire owns Juve?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Larch

Quote from: Liep on July 04, 2018, 10:27:38 AM
Which foreign billionaire owns Juve?

It's still owned by the Agnelli family.

crazy canuck

Funny story about Rooney having no name recognition in Washington.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jul/03/wayne-rooney-dc-united-signing-mls-soccer

Quote'Is he related to Mickey?': DC sports fans struggle to identify Wayne Rooney

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 04, 2018, 10:44:02 AM

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jul/03/wayne-rooney-dc-united-signing-mls-soccer

Quote'Is he related to Mickey?': DC sports fans struggle to identify Wayne Rooney

Yeah, I mean why would they?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

It's a great big universe
And we're all really puny
We're just tiny specs
About the size of Mickey Rooney
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Pedrito

Quote from: The Larch on July 04, 2018, 10:25:35 AM
Quote from: Pedrito on July 04, 2018, 09:32:20 AM

L.

It's being talked profusely over here as well, given that around half of our sport media have a raging hard on for him.

Does Juve seriously have that much money? It seems too much for a publicity stunt.
To be honest, every Juve fan has a raging hard on too, at the simple thought of the possibility.

About the money, juve is doing pretty well financially: a couple years ago they paid in full the €90M release clause of Higuain, the stadium is their own property, and i think they're evaluating Ronaldo more as a global brand than as a simple fooball player.
Don't forget that the guy has something like 130 MILLION followers on Instagram and Twitter...

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Josquius

Would it really be so awesome for marketing?
Getting Ronaldo in the declining years of his career... A coup for a lesser team for sure but Juve are already rather well known.
██████
██████
██████

dps

Quote from: garbon on July 04, 2018, 10:51:18 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on July 04, 2018, 10:44:02 AM

Yeah, I mean why would they?

Yeah, he apparently was mostly asking Washington Nationals fans.  You gotta expect a certain level of stupidity when dealing with them.

Josephus

Surprised with the Buffon to PSG move. Always assumed he was retiring
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Maladict

Quote from: Josephus on July 06, 2018, 01:56:02 PM

He's doing horrific ads on tv, so I guess nothing is too low for him at this point.  :(

The Larch

Quote from: Maladict on July 06, 2018, 02:23:30 PM
Quote from: Josephus on July 06, 2018, 01:56:02 PM

He's doing horrific ads on tv, so I guess nothing is too low for him at this point.  :(

He has done several other lower things during his career.