News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: FunkMonk on October 10, 2017, 09:17:55 PM
At least one half of my allegiance will be playing in Putinland next year.

Yeah but will it even be televised here? Will it even be covered? Back in 1986 I had to watch the fucking thing on Univision.

This really fucking sucks.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

katmai

Quote from: Valmy on October 10, 2017, 10:24:32 PM

Yeah but will it even be televised here? Will it even be covered? Back in 1986 I had to watch the fucking thing on Univision.

Fox sports already bought the rights, now will it get as much coverage with no USA.....
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Valmy

Quote from: katmai on October 10, 2017, 10:26:02 PM
Quote from: Valmy on October 10, 2017, 10:24:32 PM

Fox sports already bought the rights, now will it get as much coverage with no USA.....

Fuck you USA hater :angry:

But glad to hear it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Monoriu

It is best if the US doesn't qualify for the World Cup.  They are getting better in recent years, and we need to prevent teams that have not won the World Cup from winning it.  So great news that the Netherlands and the US don't qualify, and Argentina does.

dps

Quote from: FunkMonk on October 10, 2017, 09:29:30 PM
And fucking lol at the US Soccer Federation firing Klinsmann to bring in a washed up Bruce Arena to save its asses fucking lmao :lmfao:

Yeah, maybe Klinsmann wasn't the answer, but Arena had proved over the years that he certainly wasn't.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Valmy on October 10, 2017, 10:20:42 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on October 10, 2017, 04:12:57 PM
Quote from: Valmy on October 10, 2017, 03:56:14 PM
La France qualifiée!!

Against the mighty Belarus with a 2-1 victory!  :P

Better than losing to not-so-mighty Trinidad and Tobago 2-1.

Apples and oranges and you know it. CONCACAF is the easiest confederation to qualify from, thanks to FIFA interest in getting the US to qualify, and who knows one day, Canada. Problem is, it's not very competitive.
Belarus may not be a powerhouse but in ice hockey, ask Sweden.
At least, the French squad improved by beating Belarus, compared to the tie in their first match, and beat Bulgaria away, first time since the '30s.
Thing is, I'd rather have Swedish or even Batavian supporters, than French ones in a World Cup. Not that the latter travel in numbers anyways.
Plus, it provides a diversion for Micron who, like Hollande before, really needs it.  :P

Fucking America. First Trump now this. My country fails me yet again.

So sad!
So Arena is out I suppose?

katmai

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on October 11, 2017, 01:14:54 AM

So sad!
So Arena is out I suppose?
I'd expect Arena and the federation president as well. time to blow up the whole model.

katmai

Quote from: Valmy on October 10, 2017, 10:39:14 PM

Fuck you USA hater :angry:

But glad to hear it.

QuoteFox Sports: The news of the U.S. team being eliminated comes just 13 days after Fox announced that the 2018 World Cup would be the biggest production in the brand's 24-year history with 350 live hours of programming.

Fox paid about $200 million for this year's Cup and giving the advertisers the numbers they want might be difficult with the English language broadcaster's home team not playing.

celedhring

Lol, it didn't occur to me that the USMNT could fuck this up and didn't even check the result this morning (I consider the US my second team, after living there for a few years). What the hell happened?

katmai

Arena in all of his wisdom kept the same formation and lineup from Friday's match.
When all that was needed was a tie he basically had a 4-1-2-3.
The USMNT hasn't had a steady CB duo and Omar Gonzalez had bad OG.
And because of failings in development the team is very thin at Midfield. In the game Bradley wasn't very well supported.

Grey Fox

Don't worry, we all qualify for the 2026 WC.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josephus

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 11, 2017, 07:36:49 AM

that's not a given yet, either.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

USA reminds me a bit of England. They're like the England of CONCACAF. They think they're a lot better than they are, and feel entitled to win everything and cry when they don't.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Grey Fox

Quote from: Josephus on October 11, 2017, 07:43:26 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on October 11, 2017, 07:36:49 AM

that's not a given yet, either.

Nothing is ever given with FIFA or this post 2016 world but WC expands to 48 teams & the only other bid is Morroco.

Give 3 of the 6 CONCACAF places to USA, Mexico & Canada then let Central America fight it out for the remaining 3 is sensible.

Plus FIFA has to make it up to FOX for the 2022 WC fiasco.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

alfred russel

Quote from: Josephus on October 11, 2017, 07:44:45 AM
USA reminds me a bit of England. They're like the England of CONCACAF. They think they're a lot better than they are, and feel entitled to win everything and cry when they don't.

USA has won 6 of the 14 gold cups. Within CONCACAF, we are like the Argentina of South America. One of the two elite teams. Just being elite in CONCACAF doesn't translate to elite at the world cup, but I don't think anyone is under illusions otherwise.

USA should be able to manage a draw with Trinidad and Tobago.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014