And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hansmeister

Nuremberg is back up into the 1. Bundesliga!   :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

The Larch

Quote from: Tamas on June 01, 2009, 06:19:25 AMYou just don't go from noble Barcelona to scum Real Madrid if you have just a tiny bit of backbone.

Meh, that doesn't bother me much, it was a legal move, if morally dubious, and Barcelona earned a shitload of money from it, even if they obviously didn't want to sell him. But Figo, before going to Spain, signed two simultaneous contracts to two different Italian clubs (Juventus and Parma), which earned him a transfer ban in Italy. That was the only reason he ended up in Barcelona in the first place.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Pedrito

yeah, dubbing Figo a great person was a bit stretched.  ;) but he was a great player nonetheless, and the game will be poorer without him.

In other news, Ancelotti, former Milan manager, has signed a contract with Chelsea. I heard his first interview, and his english needs a good polish. As in "he can't speak a word"  :lol:

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

The Larch

By the way, do you know where can I find an interview with Nedved in which he claimed that he was "running around like a retard just to play in Serie B"?

Pedrito

Quote from: The Larch on June 01, 2009, 08:46:52 AM
By the way, do you know where can I find an interview with Nedved in which he claimed that he remembers Juve's spell in Serie B as "running around like a retard"?

Never heard that one  :lol:
He was one of the prime star players that remained to Juventus during the Serie B purgatory, hats off to him and the others (Del Piero, Buffon, Camoranesi, Trezeguet).

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

The Larch

Quote from: Pedrito on June 01, 2009, 08:52:37 AM
Quote from: The Larch on June 01, 2009, 08:46:52 AM
By the way, do you know where can I find an interview with Nedved in which he claimed that he remembers Juve's spell in Serie B as "running around like a retard"?

Never heard that one  :lol:
He was one of the prime star players that remained to Juventus during the Serie B purgatory, hats off to him and the others (Del Piero, Buffon, Camoranesi, Trezeguet).

L.

I guess that Cannavaro, Ibrahimovic and Vieira must have been quite popular in Torino those days.  :P Well, apparently Cannavaro has been forgiven, as he's going back.

Liep

Tonight's the night. Sweden - Denmark, battle of Scandinavia. We're going completely nuts on this side of the sund with politicians in uproar because it's not shown on national tv, I can't complain as I got it in HD, thanks Bogh.

I foresee a 1-1 game.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Zanza

Maldini was one of the greatest players of the game ever.  :worthy:

Cerr

Battle in the balkans this evening for Ireland, playing against Bulgaria. Would be great if they could win. It would pretty much gurantee second place in the group for Ireland.
Knowing Ireland's away record though, it'll most likely end in a draw.

Syt

Austria playing in Belgrade today. AFAIK no archdukes will be present.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

bogh

Quote from: Liep on June 06, 2009, 02:59:15 AM
Tonight's the night. Sweden - Denmark, battle of Scandinavia. We're going completely nuts on this side of the sund with politicians in uproar because it's not shown on national tv, I can't complain as I got it in HD, thanks Bogh.

I foresee a 1-1 game.

You're welcome - how was the quality (I didn't have any HD-screen to view it)?

Your prediction was almost correct.

Denmark rules.

Cecil

Excellent we lost again. The fiasco is coming closer finally.  :)

Liep

Quote from: bogh on June 06, 2009, 03:56:20 PM

You're welcome - how was the quality (I didn't have any HD-screen to view it)?

Your prediction was almost correct.

Denmark rules.

Very enjoyable. National team matches are usually crap quality, so this was nice.