And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Tamas

Americans paying attention to football is just... weird.

The Larch

What happens when the Turkish FA introduces a bengal ban in stadiums?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KinmQNdOULc

Josephus

40 000+ at Vancouver's home opener.
48000 at TFC's CCL quarter final game
53000 expected at Montreal's debut this afternoon.

:) :Canuck:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

katmai

Was watching the FA cup match between Spurs and Bolton :(
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Josephus

Quote from: katmai on March 17, 2012, 01:39:24 PM
Was watching the FA cup match between Spurs and Bolton :(

Yeah. Me too. :(
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Liep

When did all footballers become faux-religious? I mean, the Italitards have always been big on the substitution cross, but British and even Danish players now "praying" for that poor Bolton player?

It's clear that these adulterous, alcoholic, overpaid fuckers aren't religious, but why feel the need to say you pray for someone?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Tamas

Quote from: Liep on March 18, 2012, 06:16:35 AM
When did all footballers become faux-religious? I mean, the Italitards have always been big on the substitution cross, but British and even Danish players now "praying" for that poor Bolton player?

It's clear that these adulterous, alcoholic, overpaid fuckers aren't religious, but why feel the need to say you pray for someone?

When did open showcasing of religiousness start to be honest?

Liep

Quote from: Tamas on March 18, 2012, 07:29:41 AM
When did open showcasing of religiousness start to be honest?
I don't know, was it ever? I just noticed it happening more.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Sheilbh

I don't think you need to be very religious to use language like 'praying' or even to try praying with what happened yesterday.  I'd say you need to be more anti-religious not to.
Let's bomb Russia!

Razgovory

Quote from: Tamas on March 15, 2012, 01:37:35 PM
Americans paying attention to football is just... weird.

My Grandfather played Soccer professionally.  It's a family secret we keep for fear of ostracization. It's roughly equivalent to a European admitting there are Jews in the family tree.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tamas

Josephus

Pfffft. Lettow could score against Leicester.
Civis Romanus Sum

mongers

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 18, 2012, 09:32:17 AM
I don't think you need to be very religious to use language like 'praying' or even to try praying with what happened yesterday.  I'd say you need to be more anti-religious not to.

Indeed.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josquius

Yeah, praying is a figure of speech, doesn't actually mean they're literally praying to some imaginary sky monster.

Pretty weird stuff that.
██████
██████
██████