News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gups

Quote from: Tamas on May 04, 2023, 04:44:05 AMNow don't tell me a foreign coach would get the same treatment: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/may/03/frank-lampard-chelsea-foundations-crumbling-hard-work

The whole article is about "Lampard is the bedrock of morality at the team, but is being let down by the players". WTF.

As a commenter points out, we played far better during the Liverpool match, coached by Whatshisname interim guy who never coached a first time in his life before. And under Potter, a trainwreck as that was, we didn't sink THIS low. The only difference between those weak and disappointing games and the utter disgrace of the last 6 games is Lampard.

But it's not a comment piece is it? Rather a report into what Lampard said at a press conference or interview. You can tell because two thirds or the article is made up of direct quotes from Lampard.

Tamas

Quote from: Gups on May 04, 2023, 06:40:16 AM
Quote from: Tamas on May 04, 2023, 04:44:05 AMNow don't tell me a foreign coach would get the same treatment: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/may/03/frank-lampard-chelsea-foundations-crumbling-hard-work

The whole article is about "Lampard is the bedrock of morality at the team, but is being let down by the players". WTF.

As a commenter points out, we played far better during the Liverpool match, coached by Whatshisname interim guy who never coached a first time in his life before. And under Potter, a trainwreck as that was, we didn't sink THIS low. The only difference between those weak and disappointing games and the utter disgrace of the last 6 games is Lampard.

But it's not a comment piece is it? Rather a report into what Lampard said at a press conference or interview. You can tell because two thirds or the article is made up of direct quotes from Lampard.

It goes well beyond quoting Lampard. It quotes Lampard and lists why he is right to feel like the victim.

HVC

How'd he even get the gig? He hasn't been a manager long. Because he was once a player there?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Admiral Yi

NFL Eagle's owner gives Rob McElhenny ownership advice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGpU1qoUZcg

Josquius

Tense end of season on monday in the championship for playoffs qualification. Several teams that could potentially make it.

Beginning of the season this was way above Sunderlands goals. But now we are so close I'm hoping things go our way.

What then happens in the playoffs... Well. Not impossible we win. And if we do there's quite the debate whether promotion is even desirable this year.
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Wooo!  Chelsea!

Connor Gallagher reminds me of Paddy the Baddy from MMA.

FunkMonk

Arsenal won away at Newcastle by 2 goals. Bit of revenge for what happened the same fixture last season.

Arsenal have 81 points now, the same number of points Leicester had in their title-winning season  :cry: City aren't fair man
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Gups

Quote from: FunkMonk on May 07, 2023, 01:20:25 PMArsenal won away at Newcastle by 2 goals. Bit of revenge for what happened the same fixture last season.

Arsenal have 81 points now, the same number of points Leicester had in their title-winning season  :cry: City aren't fair man

Thought Newcastle were really dirty. Can't believe they ended the match with 11 players

FunkMonk

Quote from: Gups on May 07, 2023, 04:11:33 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on May 07, 2023, 01:20:25 PMArsenal won away at Newcastle by 2 goals. Bit of revenge for what happened the same fixture last season.

Thought Newcastle were really dirty. Can't believe they ended the match with 11 players

Ref was a coward  :lol: but at least VAR did its duty and stopped an incorrectly given penalty.

I did enjoy Arsenal's copious amount of time wasting. Giving a bit back to Newcastle for all the time wasting they did in the reverse fixture  :lol:

Admiral Yi

Josquius

Excellent day for Sunderland. Results all lined up and we are in the playoffs.

I predict we get through the first round and lose at Wembley vs Middlesborough.

But who knows  :ph34r:
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

FunkMonk

Premier League is drunk today  :lol:

Josquius

Hi guys. I've just come out of a 10 year coma. What's happening?
Everton beat Brighton 5-1? Well done Brighton I guess? Or did Everton take pity on them?
██████
██████
██████