News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

I fully expect something to be done about this.

... That it's just completely ignored until everyone forgets about it and united buy a few league titles.
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Quote from: Josquius on March 02, 2023, 10:39:10 PMI fully expect something to be done about this.

... That it's just completely ignored until everyone forgets about it and united buy a few league titles.

Luckily with no corruption in English club football, we don't need to worry about the Saudi mountains of money influencing proceedings.

Jacob

:lol:

Well... maybe you have a point. Worth keeping an eye out for.

Josephus

Arsenal are gonna blow it, aren't they?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Duque de Bragança

FunkMonk

Think I'm the only Arsenal fan on the forum.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FunkMonk

About Arsenal blowing it, I'm still only giving them a 50-50 chance at winning the league. But it would be really nice eh?  :bowler:

mongers

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on March 04, 2023, 12:52:35 PM
Quote from: Josephus on March 04, 2023, 11:29:36 AM
Quote from: Josephus on March 04, 2023, 11:17:12 AMArsenal are gonna blow it, aren't they?

Spoke too soon

Giving false hopes to mongers. :mad:  :D

:grr:

QuoteNelson, Reiss 90+7
Good grief that was late, it that even possible? :unsure:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

FunkMonk

Quote from: mongers on March 04, 2023, 04:23:59 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on March 04, 2023, 12:52:35 PM
Quote from: Josephus on March 04, 2023, 11:29:36 AM
Quote from: Josephus on March 04, 2023, 11:17:12 AMArsenal are gonna blow it, aren't they?

Spoke too soon

Giving false hopes to mongers. :mad:  :D

:grr:

QuoteNelson, Reiss 90+7
Good grief that was late, it that even possible? :unsure:

Stoppage time was 6 min but the Bournemouth keeper delayed the game for about a minute at the start of stoppage time so he must've added it on there. And Arsenal have made it a habit of scoring late in games this season. It's the new Fergie time.

I'll say that one of the good things about the Qatar World Cup is they started taking stoppages in play seriously. Nice to see the referee here do the same.

FunkMonk

Liverpool 7 - 0 Manchester United  :lmfao:

Klopp knew the world needed this and he delivered. Respect.

Josquius

It's a weekend of crazy high scoring games. Wtf.
██████
██████
██████

FunkMonk

In news that surprises absolutely nobody:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/mar/10/prosecutors-pursue-case-against-barcelona-over-alleged-refereeing-deal

QuoteSpanish prosecutors have filed a complaint against Barcelona and two of the La Liga club's former presidents over alleged payments to a company owned by a senior refereeing official to influence results, the public prosecutor's office said on Friday. A judge has yet to decide whether to take up the case.

The complaint focuses on the €2.9m paid between 2014 and 2018 and alleges that Barcelona – with the help of their former presidents Sandro Rosell and Josep Maria Bartomeu – reached a "confidential verbal agreement" with Negreira.

It accuses the club, Rosell, Bartomeu, Negreira and two other former Barcelona officials of corruption in sports, unfair administration and falsehood in mercantile documents.

The investigation was triggered by a tax inspection. Negreira told the Spanish tax agency that Barcelona's goal with the payments was to have "neutral" referees in their games, :lol:  :lol:  according to El País newspaper.

Zoupa

Do you guys think Conte will stay on at Spurs?

FunkMonk

Quote from: Zoupa on March 11, 2023, 05:41:06 PMDo you guys think Conte will stay on at Spurs?

It feels like it is over and the man has a track record of not staying long.