And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Chelsea Southampton was a pretty game.

Admiral Yi

Southampton is strange because you pronounce the H but it isn't spelled out.

FunkMonk

Yeah, it is the sort of "I'm changing things and making them better!" move that someone like the Todd Boehly would make, and he seems allergic to admitting he's wrong.

Long may it continue  :P
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 18, 2023, 08:55:04 PMChelsea Southampton was a pretty game.

Your boy will probably move to another club in the summer. You moving with him?

Grey Fox

On the subject of the MLS and Appletv broadcast deal.

They announced the 3 french language teams and to my surprise they plan to broadcast in french more than the Montreal's team games.

Pretty interested to see the quality and resolution of the broadcast.

Bell's TSN and RDS are infamous for having piss poor streaming quality and cable is a 1080i endeavour around here.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: FunkMonk on February 18, 2023, 09:03:35 PMYour boy will probably move to another club in the summer. You moving with him?

I got nothing holding me at Chelsea. 

Josquius

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 18, 2023, 05:03:05 PMI have a friend who is a Saints fan and took his nephew to his first ever game at Chelsea today - in the Chelsea end :ph34r:

Lots of silent still celebrations I imagine :lol:

Edit: Don't know if you saw this rumour from Popbitch but Boehly may be our most stereotypical Yank owner :lol:
Quote>> Chelsea mourning <<
Boehly's out on his Todd

Todd Boehly's takeover and half-billion transfer policy at Chelsea has been subject to much analysis and discussion as to whether it's genius or insanity. A group of football agents who met him at Stamford Bridge think they may have sussed out which.

He was explaining to them that he'd be able to pay for everything thanks to the fact that Chelsea automatically qualify for the UEFA Champions League every year, with all the tens of millions that brought.

Someone pointed out to him that this wasn't the case; that Chelsea didn't automatically qualify – and given their current placement it wasn't at all certain. "Nonsense!" cried Todd. They were always in it!

He then wandered off, clearly checked it with his advisers and then came back to admit that, yes, actually, they'd been right. Oops.

It's like he doesn't even have the smallest actual interest in football. :blink:
██████
██████
██████

Josephus

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 18, 2023, 10:12:22 PMOn the subject of the MLS and Appletv broadcast deal.

They announced the 3 french language teams and to my surprise they plan to broadcast in french more than the Montreal's team games.

Pretty interested to see the quality and resolution of the broadcast.

Bell's TSN and RDS are infamous for having piss poor streaming quality and cable is a 1080i endeavour around here.

I saw a game yesterday (friendly TFC v. LAGalaxy) and the picture quality was very good. I'm no big fan of the US commentators, I liked the guys who worked TSN, but can't comment on the French stuff.)
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

The Larch

Damn, Liverpool started strong but are now getting spanked.

Sheilbh

Liverpool have been so bad this season (:lol:).
Let's bomb Russia!

FunkMonk

Josephus

Trying to figure out what's wrong with Liverpool.  Is their core too old?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

The Larch

Quote from: Josephus on February 21, 2023, 07:11:44 PMTrying to figure out what's wrong with Liverpool.  Is their core too old?

They lost Mane in the summer and haven't been able to replace him, the new signings haven't clicked yet, lots of injuries during the season, the core team is getting older... it seems like they need a big makeover.

Josquius

The Klopp curse. For some reason he only lasts 7 years.
██████
██████
██████

Tamas