News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: Liep on May 06, 2009, 06:00:17 PM
Quote from: Neil on May 06, 2009, 05:54:05 PMIt'll be a shame that the best teams aren't playing in the final

This makes no sense. This is the final everybody dreamt of before hand.
The best possible final would be between two English Premier League teams, because those teams are the best.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Cerr

Quote from: Liep on May 06, 2009, 06:00:17 PM
Quote from: Neil on May 06, 2009, 05:54:05 PMIt'll be a shame that the best teams aren't playing in the final

This makes no sense. This is the final everybody dreamt of before hand.
Well I would've preferred a Liverpool Vs Man U or Liverpool Vs Barca final. Maybe next year.

katmai

Damn my favorite MLS club Seattle has announced the 2nd of 2 friendlys they are hosting the summer, first one is Chelsea and 2nd was revealed today to be Barcelona.

Wish i could make them
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Delirium

Quote from: Neil on May 06, 2009, 06:03:04 PM
The best possible final would be between two English Premier League teams, because those teams are the best.

Now you've gone mental. Barcelona is a better team than Chelsea ever was. A ManU - Barca final is the dream matchup for everybody but the Chelsea fans. And we don't care about those.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Maladict

Quote from: Tamas on May 06, 2009, 04:25:34 PM
What the flying fuck.

Chelsea DOMINATED Barcelona tactically for two games. They neutralized all the advantages the enemy had, and ruined all their plans - showing what a genius general Hiddink is.

Then comes this fucking joke of a referee who denies app. 3 penalties for Chelsea, and thus allows Barca to stay in the game and equalize with THEIR ONLY FUCKING SHOT WHICH WENT TO THE FUCKING GOAL'S GENERAL DIRECTION

A most undeserved qualification.

:yes:

Warspite

Haha, no way Barca were a better team than Chelsea. Passing the ball the whole game with barely any shots on goal, and only going through because of questionable refereeing, does not a superior performance make. While attacking football is attractive, it is not the only legitimate way to win a game.

I predict ManUre will rip Barca to shreds - you have one of the most effective defences in the Premiership with one of hte most frightening attacks in the world. And a midfield that will squash Messi.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Josephus

Seattle got off to a pretty good start Katmai. Glad the franchise is working there.
I've been to three TFC games this year. It's such a blast.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Neil

Quote from: Delirium on May 08, 2009, 06:01:39 AM
Quote from: Neil on May 06, 2009, 06:03:04 PM

Now you've gone mental. Barcelona is a better team than Chelsea ever was. A ManU - Barca final is the dream matchup for everybody but the Chelsea fans. And we don't care about those.
They certainly weren't the better team this week.  They were barely equal.

The only reason that it's a dream matchup is because everybody, myself included, want to give the finger to the Chelsea fans, as they're a bunch of bandwagoners and Slavs.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: Warspite on May 08, 2009, 07:58:34 AM
and only going through because of questionable refereeing,
Consider it a makeup for that phantom red card.

Valmy

The mighty Austin Soccer club has never lost a match.  Tonight they take on the Puerto Rico Fightin' Timmays in Austin.

Dang it I can never make any of the matches.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Larch

So, tomorrow is the big day of the year for us footie fans, the Champions League final, pitting the incumbent champions, Manchester United, agains FC Barcelona, arguably the team that has played better this year. The best defence meets the best offence. What will happen?

I'll watch it live at home with my buddies. Tomorrow I'll have to buy supplies in large quantities after work. My friends even convinced me to make a wager, if Barcelona wins I'll shave my beard, which I've been sporting since I was 15.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Zanza

In a surprise move, Volkswagen (yes, the car maker) won the German football championship.

Valmy

Well I am depressed.  Austin's once unfettered glory has been tarnished by losses to Montreal and Carolina.

I can only pray they can rebound against the Fightin' Timmays on Friday.  I love the crowds at the games so far.  Very passionate and noisy group if still pretty smallish.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Liep

I switched shifts with a coworker and am now able to watch the game of the year. :ccr:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk