News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: HVC on December 03, 2022, 10:11:07 AMGod dammit. I ask so little of Americans.

Shut up, the Selecção is the bête noire of the Batavians. It's good that they qualify.  :P

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Duque de Bragança

I still don't get the hate.

As for the game now: two shots on goal, two goals for the Netherlands. Well, that's something.

HVC

Pele being transfered to palliative care.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Josephus

Not looking so good for Pele. I wish I got a chance to see him in his prime. The first world cup I have a memory of watching was 1974, and he'd retired from Brazil's national team after the 70 World Cup.

I'm not rooting for him to die, or anything, but if he does die, the day of the world cup final would be fitting.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

HVC

Quote from: Josephus on December 03, 2022, 10:59:34 AMI'm not rooting for him to die, or anything, but if he does die, the day of the world cup final would be fitting.

Only if Brazil wins.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: HVC on December 03, 2022, 11:02:42 AM
Quote from: Josephus on December 03, 2022, 10:59:34 AMI'm not rooting for him to die, or anything, but if he does die, the day of the world cup final would be fitting.

Only if Brazil wins.

Precisely.

Duque de Bragança

Exciting last 15 minutes for this game since the US just scored.

Gups

That's over then. Can't leave someone completely unmarked on the far post like that

Duque de Bragança

FunkMonk

US defending has been horrible. Shocking stuff.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FunkMonk

US have had a few decent chances but really they just don't have anyone who can consistently finish. In the recent past that was Donovan and Dempsey. No one now.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Valmy

Well at least we achieved our ultimate goal of doing better than Mexico.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Josephus

So that's CONCACAF over and done with. Telling that Canada topped the qualifying group.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011