News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Josephus on April 15, 2009, 08:15:35 AM
Fair enough. Which is why England, as a football nation team, sucks.

Hey!  Alot of the players on the Austin club are English! :grr:

Oh wait...
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Liep

Hmm.. what a let down, a pity manchester got such an early goal and decided that was enough.

The Arsenal game didn't get interesting until about the 82nd minute when Bendtner came on, he did okay and would've scored if Diaby hadn't already seen himself on the scoreboard before taking his shot.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josephus

Didn't watch the Arsenal game; but yeah the Man Utd game wasn't a barn-burner. [Though that was a good goal by Ronaldo]. Porto couldn't break down the Man Utd defence, and the few times they did, their finish let them down.

But that's OK, cause the Man Utd v. Arsenal game is another EPL Team v. EPL Team game :)
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

katmai

Chelsea is up 1-0 so far on barca
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

clandestino

Quote from: katmai on May 06, 2009, 02:12:19 PM
Chelsea is up 1-0 so far on barca

:bleeding:

Football needs Barça in the final. That's all.

Cerr

It's over now. Great late goal for Barca. Glad they'll be in the final. They have a better chance against United then Chelsea would have.

Liep

I've never been happier for Iniesta. And I was pretty excited for him to begin with. Football wins this game.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Cerr

Chelsea are really sore losers. Drogba was moaning at the ref at the end.

Liep

Quote from: Cerr on May 06, 2009, 03:46:38 PM

Drogba is everything that is wrong with Chelsea. But Ballack came close when he attacked the referee after that shoulder parry by a Barca player. Come to think of it there are quite a few Chelsea players I would love to see disappear from professional football.

Tamas

What the flying fuck.

Chelsea DOMINATED Barcelona tactically for two games. They neutralized all the advantages the enemy had, and ruined all their plans - showing what a genius general Hiddink is.

Then comes this fucking joke of a referee who denies app. 3 penalties for Chelsea, and thus allows Barca to stay in the game and equalize with THEIR ONLY FUCKING SHOT WHICH WENT TO THE FUCKING GOAL'S GENERAL DIRECTION

A most undeserved qualification.

clandestino

yay.

Tamas:

:p

Edit: I haven't seen the game. the things you said might be true.

Personally, I don't care.

Liep

Quote from: clandestino on May 06, 2009, 04:41:10 PM

Edit: I haven't seen the game. the things you said might be true.

1 clear penalty (very odd that it wasn't called), 1 argueable, 1 where Drogba should've been carded for filming. 2 others that were just good defensing by Tauré.

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Neil

Quote from: Cerr on May 06, 2009, 03:46:38 PM
Maybe he should try diving again.  He was fucking ridiculous today.

At any rate, this is a big fuck you to bandwagoners and Eastern Europeans, which is good.  It'll be a shame that the best teams aren't playing in the final (Barca isn't in the EPL), but it's worth it to eject Chelsea.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Liep

Quote from: Neil on May 06, 2009, 05:54:05 PMIt'll be a shame that the best teams aren't playing in the final

This makes no sense. This is the final everybody dreamt of before hand.