News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Seems domestic games are to be postponed for up to a fortnight.

The Premier league schedule is already a mess this year.
██████
██████
██████

FunkMonk

https://twitter.com/scoutedftbl/status/1571849256851456001?s=20&t=D-tBgBt3VLUAGHVJ3y1XqQ

Apparently Arsenal are the 3rd youngest team among the Top 5 leagues in Europe. The "project" continues.

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Zoupa

Saw the US-Japan friendly today.

The US was absolutely terrible. I give them 20% chance of even getting out of the group.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Quote from: Zoupa on September 23, 2022, 09:19:55 PMSaw the US-Japan friendly today.

The US was absolutely terrible. I give them 20% chance of even getting out of the group.

I give us less than that if we play like that again.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josquius

Apparently England played yesterday and lost.
I was wondering why there was no football today.
I wonder whether the nations league is seen as at all mattering by the FA. Bodes badly for the world Cup anyway.
██████
██████
██████

FunkMonk

The US and England both not getting out of the group stage would be maximum hilarity.

Wales and Iran  :bowler:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Josephus

Quote from: Josquius on September 24, 2022, 03:27:55 PMApparently England played yesterday and lost.
I was wondering why there was no football today.
I wonder whether the nations league is seen as at all mattering by the FA. Bodes badly for the world Cup anyway.

it does matter. First of all it was a prep game for the WC. Also, England can get relegated to the next division, and that's not a good thing, because it will mean that for the next couple years they will be playing these "competitive friendlies" against weaker opposition. England haven't been doing so well, and that will likely carry into the WC.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Tamas

Meanwhile, Hungary beat Germany.

Josquius

Quote from: Tamas on September 25, 2022, 06:25:02 AMMeanwhile, Hungary beat Germany.
How do you feel about this considering the state of Hungary fans?
██████
██████
██████

HVC

Future 2022 workd cup champions ( :P ) portugal beat the Czechs 4-0 in the national league

BTW, anyone actually watching/caring about these games?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Quote from: FunkMonk on September 24, 2022, 03:45:01 PMThe US and England both not getting out of the group stage would be maximum hilarity.

Your sense of humor sucks  :mad:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josephus

Germany v. England second half had plenty of entertainment
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: HVC on September 25, 2022, 04:38:48 PMFuture 2022 workd cup champions ( :P ) portugal beat the Czechs 4-0 in the national league

BTW, anyone actually watching/caring about these games?

Me. :smarty:

Biggest game tonight.

Portugal-Spain in Braga.

Portugal only needs a tie so I expect Santos to offer a defensive squad.

Jacob

I think the National League is an improvement over the friendlies they replaced. I follow them a bit more than I normally would.

Denmark, by the way, beat France but lost out to Croatia in overall group standings (12 points to 13, respectively - with Denmark losing to Croatia). It's certainly getting covered in Danish media.