Recommend An Android Phone.

Started by mongers, July 19, 2011, 05:37:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

My mate wants a decent android phone, has to have some form of physical 'keyboard', price not a big issue, but which model is nice and upto date/somewhat future proof ?

Will be bought in the UK so that might affect model availability.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

derspiess

The keyboard requirement helps narrow it down a bit.  I would go with the HTC Desire Z or a variant of the Samsung Galaxy that has a physical keyboard.

Both are similarly spec'ed.  HTC's Touch interface is better IMO than Samsung's TouchWiz, but the Galaxy's 1Ghz processor is a bit better than the Desire's 800mhz.  In most other respects they're about the same.

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

mongers

Quote from: derspiess on July 20, 2011, 10:09:56 AM
The keyboard requirement helps narrow it down a bit.  I would go with the HTC Desire Z or a variant of the Samsung Galaxy that has a physical keyboard.

Both are similarly spec'ed.  HTC's Touch interface is better IMO than Samsung's TouchWiz, but the Galaxy's 1Ghz processor is a bit better than the Desire's 800mhz.  In most other respects they're about the same.

Thanks for that I'll pass it on. :cheers:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"