Justice Department shielding officials in guns to Mexico scandal, ATF chief says

Started by jimmy olsen, July 18, 2011, 11:24:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: grumbler on July 19, 2011, 07:10:58 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 19, 2011, 06:40:49 PM
I fully support the ATF.
The Justice Department, not so much.

This whole unfortunate issue will probably result in NRA Republicans on the Hill slashing ATF's budget, to pay for their insolence.
If they slash the ATF to zero, everyone wins.

I'd be happy to know no more of my tax dollars went to disorganized crime.
Shooting Ruby Ridge gun nut assholes is an excellent use of your tax dollars.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Neil on July 19, 2011, 07:19:09 PM
I fully support the ATF.

This whole unfortunate issue will probably result in NRA Republicans on the Hill slashing ATF's budget, to pay for their insolence.
They'd slash it anyways.  They need the money for the increased budget for the Department of Education, or as it will now be known, the Department of Intelligent Design and School Prayer.
Now you're just going over the top. :rolleyes:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 19, 2011, 07:37:07 PM
Quote from: Neil on July 19, 2011, 07:19:09 PM
I fully support the ATF.

They'd slash it anyways.  They need the money for the increased budget for the Department of Education, or as it will now be known, the Department of Intelligent Design and School Prayer.
Now you're just going over the top. :rolleyes:
I don't think that there's any depths that these new Republicans wouldn't sink to.  They've pretty much swept away almost all of the moderate wing of the party, and in 2012 they'll be looking to finish the job.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

grumbler

Quote from: Neil on July 19, 2011, 07:25:27 PM
Ruby Ridge was the FBI.  The ATF just carried out the initial arrest that set up the trial. 
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Neil

Quote from: grumbler on July 19, 2011, 08:11:35 PM
Quote from: Neil on July 19, 2011, 07:25:27 PM
Ruby Ridge was the FBI.  The ATF just carried out the initial arrest that set up the trial.
Well, then I suppose you're right.  Just roll the ATF into the FBI and let the FBI handle the shooting of militia group crazies.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on July 19, 2011, 10:25:11 AM
To have these allegations plastered over the media is political dynamite.  Unless the inquiry is scotched soon, the buzz is that cabinet level officials could get caught in the cross-fire.  But does Congress have the ammunition to tar Justice with this black label, or it is just a shot in the dark triggered by some rum staffer looking to make a bang?

WPOTM!  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?