News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

4:20 - is it in your city

Started by crazy canuck, April 20, 2009, 05:15:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saskganesh

press conference for may 2nd's  marjiuana march and party. hard cold rain today, so I doubt much of a turnout.
humans were created in their own image

crazy canuck

Quote from: saskganesh on April 20, 2009, 05:48:39 PM
press conference for may 2nd's  marjiuana march and party. hard cold rain today, so I doubt much of a turnout.

I dont think most of the folks out there  (at this celebration) would ever actually ever vote.

dps

Quote from: garbon on April 20, 2009, 05:35:08 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on April 20, 2009, 05:15:14 PM
US posters need not point out that this would not happen in their country.

:blink:

I live in SF; I'd be surprised if this didn't happen.

Like the potheads in Cali are actually going to wait for a specified time to have a toke.  :)

Razgovory

I don't know if it would happen in my area or not.  I looked out my window but didn't see anything like that.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Quote from: dps on April 20, 2009, 05:52:46 PM
Like the potheads in Cali are actually going to wait for a specified time to have a toke.  :)

True, the good weather this weekend was totally sufficient for most people in the park. :blush:

I also noticed that on the review site (yelp), there is now an entry for the marijuana truffle man (he walks around one of the parks selling marijuana baked into truffles). Oh SF!

http://www.yelp.com/biz/truffle-guy-san-francisco

Although, having never had one, I don't know if he's actually legit.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 20, 2009, 05:47:57 PM
Quote from: Neil on April 20, 2009, 05:42:01 PM
No idea.  Poor people aren't allowed in my part of town.

This isnt the poor part of town.
Then why are they allowing drug addicts to wander the streets?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Savonarola

There used to be something like this in Ann Arbor called Hash Bash.  Marijuana was more or less legal for the day and there was a protest and a street fair.  Unfortunately the state police cracked down on the marijuana being legal part; but you can still go to the protest and listen to Libertarians complain about the guv'mint keepin' dem down if that sort of thing is your bag.

Heh, Wikipedia really does have everything:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hash_Bash
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

katmai

Quote from: dps on April 20, 2009, 05:52:46 PM
Quote from: garbon on April 20, 2009, 05:35:08 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on April 20, 2009, 05:15:14 PM
US posters need not point out that this would not happen in their country.

:blink:

I live in SF; I'd be surprised if this didn't happen.

It's 4:20 somewhere man!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: garbon on April 20, 2009, 05:56:46 PM
Although, having never had one, I don't know if he's actually legit.

There were guys like that in Berkeley too.  I never tried one, buying drug laced pastries from a semi homeless dude in the park seemed like a bad idea.

Monoriu

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Monoriu on April 20, 2009, 08:09:47 PM
What day is April 20?
The Day Potheads light up.

Also, Hitler's Birthday.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

BuddhaRhubarb

A colleague of mine went flyer-ing in the crowd for an event at his other job (Cheech & Chong Movie at the Rio) Did not have a toke. He didn't need to as being there long enough to get rid of his flyers, it was like he'd been hotboxing.

The cops have always largely left these things (there's also Cannabis Day on July1) alone. The only crime usually happened before they get to the place (the buying selling of the weed) plus it's a hella mellow crowd. :cool:

However I don't think people should be bringing their kids. that kind of attitude just idiotic.
:p

Josephus

But you live in NDP town! :cool:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Neil

Quote from: Josephus on April 20, 2009, 09:05:40 PM

But you live in NDP town! :cool:
One NDP MP does not an NDP town make.  Besides, that will be corrected in the next election.

Besides, it's a big enough riding that I don't have to tolerate the illegally registered university students that love pot and the NDP.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Eddie Teach

Must suck having to drive to the post office every day to pick up your mail.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?