Another "That Guy", Roberts Blossom passes away, aged 87

Started by CountDeMoney, July 14, 2011, 07:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

QuoteSANTA MONICA (KTLA) -- A veteran actor, best known, for playing "old man Marley" in 1990's movie "Home Alone" has died.

Roberts Blossom died of natural causes at the age of 87 in a Santa Monica nursing home.

Blossom starred in numerous Broadway shows, winning three Obie Awards for his work on stage.

His movie credits include "The Hospital," "Slaughterhouse-Five," "The Great Gatsby," "Close Encounters of the Third Kind," "Escape From Alcatraz," "Resurrection," "Doc Hollywood," "The Quick and the Dead," "Always" and "The Last Temptation of Christ."

His TV credits include "Another World," "Moonlighting," "Northern Exposure" and "In the Heat of the Night."

He also starred in a horror film, 1974's "Deranged," that was based on the life of serial killer Ed Gein.

He is survived by a daughter and a son.

CountDeMoney

In Last Temptation of Christ, he was the master who welcomed Jesus in the desert, but had in fact already died the night before.

But I prefered his part in Stephen King's Christine, who sold the car to Arnie.

"My asshole brother bought her back in September '57. That's when you got your new model year, in September. Brand-new, she was. She had the smell of a brand-new car. That's just about the finest smell in the world, 'cept maybe for pussy."

Caliga

He looks like the child cannibal Albert Fish to me. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points