News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Superhero or supervillain?

Started by Siege, July 04, 2011, 10:05:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slargos

Who's more powerful: Magneto or Xavier?

Given my current state of disillusionment, I would most likely become a supervillain. Self-indulgement would be my damnation. Technically speaking, probably Anti-villain.

As for which power, I'm going to cheat and claim Peter's power-stealing skills.  :hmm:

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Slargos on July 05, 2011, 12:07:11 AM

Given my current state of disillusionment, I would most likely become a supervillain. Self-indulgement would be my damnation. Technically speaking, probably Anti-villain.

As for which power, I'm going to cheat and claim Peter's power-stealing skills.  :hmm:
Is there anyone else in the world to steal powers from though?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Slargos

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 05, 2011, 12:13:08 AM
Quote from: Slargos on July 05, 2011, 12:07:11 AM

Is there anyone else in the world to steal powers from though?

I may have to re-evaluate if there's indeed no one.  :P

But I'm working from the assumption of X-Men or Heroes powers, IE limited but to a degree relatively common.

If it's only me, probably Xavier or Cheerleader.

The Brain

Quote from: ulmont on July 04, 2011, 10:10:09 PM
Quote from: Siege on July 04, 2011, 10:05:00 PM
Keep in mind though, that when we are talking of superpowers, anything short of using your powers in completely unselfisheness for the good of mankind, is evil.
If you use your superpower to make money, even though you might not being doing direct damage to other people, places you in the supervillain cathegory because you cannot been brought to justice by regular cops.

That looks a bit too narrow.  What if the Flash started his own courier service, for example?  He's making money, but not doing anything illegal...

Sooner or later he will be tempted to deliver first class mail.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

grumbler

Quote from: The Brain on July 05, 2011, 02:03:41 AM
That looks a bit too narrow.  What if the Flash started his own courier service, for example?  He's making money, but not doing anything illegal...

Sooner or later he will be tempted to deliver first class mail.
:lol:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Martinus

Keep in mind though, that when we are talking of superpowers, anything short of using your powers in completely unselfisheness for the good of mankind, is evil.
If you use your superpower to make money, even though you might not being doing direct damage to other people, places you in the supervillain cathegory because you cannot been brought to justice by regular cops.

It's probably immoral though since he would be putting non-super competitors out of business, so people who lose their jobs as a result would be hurt by his usage of the superpowers.

Slargos

Quote from: Martinus on July 05, 2011, 05:38:00 AM

It's probably immoral though since he would be putting non-super competitors out of business, so people who lose their jobs as a result would be hurt by his usage of the superpowers.

So will Police Officers if he fights crime, and criminals who're just stealing bread to feed their hungry families if the cops have more time to prosecute lesser crimes by the fact that they don't have to go after the kingpins and serial murderers.

The only way to win as a super hero, seems to be not to play.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Siege on July 04, 2011, 10:05:00 PMIf you use your superpower to make money, even though you might not being doing direct damage to other people, places you in the supervillain cathegory because you cannot been brought to justice by regular cops.

Great, more institutional anti-semitism.  So much for Superlegal Jew and his faithful sidekick, Accounting Boy.

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on July 05, 2011, 05:38:00 AM

Man, just you wait till the steam engine hits Poland. Lots of people are going to lose their jobs and thousands of horses will end up slaughtered.  It will the worst evil since the Soviets introduced the musket.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Viking

Two questions:
1- If you could have one superpower, what would that be?
2- And would you use your new found superpower for good or evil?

That depends on a what your definition of super power is. Regardless of power, I'd use my power for Chaotic Neutral.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Barrister

I would of course be a superhero, and my power would be my trusty Curling Broom +1. :Canuck:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.