News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

Looks like the store shelves are emptying out over on the Wrong Coast.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Liep

So how did the Make Winter Great Again storm pan out? Or can't the affected Languishites answer because of power outages?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

jimmy olsen

Projections for NYC have increased to 18-24 inches. It's coming down at 2 inches per hour there.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/weather/winter-storm-live-updates-millions-brace-major-snowstorm-n500421
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

I'm working the final calculations on how long this much snow would hide Mom's body.

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 23, 2016, 09:11:06 AM
I'm working the final calculations on how long this much snow would hide Mom's body.

That's the spirit. :cheers:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

HisMajestyBOB

No power outages, but I'm definitely not driving anytime soon.

Mine's the black in in the middle in the background.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Liep

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on January 23, 2016, 10:03:40 AM

fixed

It's just a little shovel work!
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Liep on January 23, 2016, 10:11:24 AM
Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on January 23, 2016, 10:03:40 AM

fixed

It's just a little shovel work!

You flew to America to help HMB dig his car outta the snow?  :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

HisMajestyBOB

Thanks Liep!
I've got a whole case of beer for helping me out. :cheers:
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Liep

Of course I meant coming over there and shovelling for you, not just fixing your [img] tags, but unfortunately all flights from Copenhagen to the east coast are cancelled. :(

FunkMonk

This blizzard is fun  :)
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Caliga

Roads are fine here.  Left the house at 6:45 am and the only road that was a little iffy was my subdivision road.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

Quote from: FunkMonk on January 23, 2016, 10:36:10 AM
This blizzard is fun  :)

Until it isn't. 

Have fun with that world-renowned Pepco reliability response time. 

jimmy olsen

Glad I'm not them.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/01/22/blizzard_of_2016_live_blog_winter_snow_storm_updates.html
Quote11:20 a.m. ET: Just as I posted the update below, the National Weather Service in NYC greatly boosted their snow total forecast. A whopping 24-30 inches is now expected in Central Park, where the city's official snow records are kept. At the top end, that would mean this blizzard would become the single snowiest since those records began, in 1869.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point