And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: lustindarkness on November 19, 2015, 03:30:39 PM
Quote from: Barrister on November 19, 2015, 02:23:28 PM
We get *maybe* a half inch of snow overnight, and suddenly the roads grind to a halt.  Even taking the bus / LRT I had an extra half hour added to my commute. <_<

Good thing you have a Toyota 4x4! :yeah:

Oh... :nelson:

We still have the AWD RAV4. :blurgh:

But seriously - shit like this is why I take the LRT.  So why was still late?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

lustindarkness

I like the Rav4.

Back on topic. We had such heavy fog this morning, I had to drive at 15 mph to drop off the crazy little girl at school. It was like The Mist.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Liep

Blizzard warning for this Saturday. Next Saturday is forecasted to be sunny and warm with +15C.

:schizo:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Of course, knowing Danish weather both days will be 5-7 degrees with mild drizzle.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Liep on November 20, 2015, 09:07:02 AM
Of course, knowing Danish weather both days will be 5-7 degrees with mild drizzle.

:cool:  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Grey Fox

There is a no snow in the forecast for the next 2 weeks.

White christmas is not looking good.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on November 19, 2015, 12:21:17 PM
Well that is just appalling. No wonder we kicked her out of Texas.
She's never actually lived in Texas, her parents and extended family are just natives.  So that's why I give her a little bit of leeway on this issue.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

First big winter snow is supposed to roll in tonight.  Forecast is for 6-12 inches.

Nothing yet though, and it was supposed to start 3-6 PM.

If it hasn't started by 8 I might venture out to the Regal Beagle, othewise bunker down.

Admiral Yi

Real light precip, in between rain and sleet.  Worse than straight snow from a driving perspective.  Bunker down it is.

katmai

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 20, 2015, 07:30:44 PM
Real light precip, in between rain and sleet.  Worse than straight snow from a driving perspective.  Bunker down it is.
Yeah we are forecasted for 6-10 inches of snow inter mixing with freezing rain,  so staying in and watching Jessica Jones on netflix.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Liep

Full blizzard mode. It's been snowing for 4 hours now and we got about 10cm on ground, most of the first snow just melted.

Liep

Quote from: Liep on November 21, 2015, 03:08:33 PM
Full blizzard mode. It's been snowing for 4 hours now and we got about 10cm on ground, most of the first snow just melted.

I just had a fun 10k bike ride home and it took about an hour longer than usual.

Liep

We got up to 40 cm in some places, traffic is fucked.

mongers

Quote from: Liep on November 21, 2015, 05:54:18 PM
Quote from: Liep on November 21, 2015, 03:08:33 PM

I just had a fun 10k bike ride home and it took about an hour longer than usual.

Eeek, rather you than me, I think I'd have got off and pushed.  :blush:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

I do not like coming home to 15c/59f indoors. <_<
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.