And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KRonn

Quote from: Caliga on October 01, 2015, 10:05:15 AM
Quote from: KRonn on October 01, 2015, 09:56:01 AM
Here in New England just waiting on a hurricane or more likely lots of rain and wind from a tropical storm which is much more likely this far north. Should hit around Virginia/Carolinas soon, hit up here early next week, maybe late weekend. It's still not clear on the direction hurricane Joaquin will take and could just brush the mid Atlantic coast.
My parents were droning on and on about this on the phone last night.  I was like "uh-huh", "great", "uh-huh", "that's nice", "uh-huh"....  :frusty:

Do they live up here or in Mass? I don't worry too much about hurricanes as they're usually diminished to rain storms, sometimes heavy wind and rain, by the time they reach here.

Caliga

They live in New Jersey.  Their house is right on the water. :ph34r:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Liep on October 01, 2015, 09:09:57 AM
Yes, unfortunately the gulf stream is dying due to melting ice from Greenland. What a shitty colony that has been, bad weather, no oil, not even goddamn iron extraction is feasible from that cold oversized rock. :P

There's gold mining though.  :lol:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

Quote from: Liep on October 01, 2015, 09:09:57 AM
Yes, unfortunately the gulf stream is dying due to melting ice from Greenland. What a shitty colony that has been, bad weather, no oil, not even goddamn iron extraction is feasible from that cold oversized rock. :P
You forgot skraelings. :(

KRonn

Quote from: Caliga on October 01, 2015, 10:16:02 AM
They live in New Jersey.  Their house is right on the water. :ph34r:

I can see why they're worried, especially after that double storm hit a couple of years ago with Sandy.

jimmy olsen

Forecast said no rain today and the sky reflected that this morning. Currently pouring rain and hail, with thunder and lightning in the background. <_<
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tonitrus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 08, 2015, 12:31:59 AM
Forecast said no rain today and the sky reflected that this morning. Currently pouring rain and hail, with thunder and lightning in the background. <_<

NK now has a Weather Control Device?

garbon

It is currently 15 in Berlin. I'm having a late lunch outside in a t-shirt. THANKS GLOBAL WARMING/OBAMA!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

It's been the driest October in over 40 years here. Probably also the warmest. IT'S ALMOST WINTER, WEATHER, GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on November 01, 2015, 08:42:12 AM
It is currently 15 in Berlin. I'm having a late lunch outside in a t-shirt. THANKS GLOBAL WARMING/OBAMA!

It's not Obama's fault that you are using Celsius.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Would I have had to flee the country?! :grr:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Weather forecast says we may hit 20°C on Sunday. IN FUCKING NOVEMBER.  :wacko:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

Quote from: Syt on November 04, 2015, 05:44:12 AM
Relax.  Cold weather sucks.  Enjoy the warmth while you still can.

Syt

Quote from: Caliga on November 04, 2015, 09:44:03 AM
Quote from: Syt on November 04, 2015, 05:44:12 AM
Relax.  Cold weather sucks.  Enjoy the warmth while you still can.

I had enough warmth this summer to last me some years. Fuck warmth. I'll move to Scandiweenia or Canuckistan.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

The populated places of Canuckistan are NOT cold in summer.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.