Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Oh, the euros ball of light.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Quote from: Malthus on August 31, 2015, 08:50:42 AM
Quote from: garbon on August 30, 2015, 02:53:08 PM
I think I've gotten a tan while in Scotland. :o

An almost unique achievement, given typical Scottish weather.  ;)

It was apparently atrocious in London this weekend so I can truly say that I partook of Scotland's sunnier climes. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

From sun and 36 degrees in Bukarest to 14 degrees and thunder in Copenhagen. It's 9 am it's suppose to be brighter than this in September. :weep:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Caliga

Quote from: Syt on August 31, 2015, 11:17:47 AM
Two colleagues left the office within an hour after arriving, because due to the weather they had circulatory and respiratory problems. Temperature is mid-30s, and while we normally have a humidity of ca. 35%, it was up to 80% today.
:bleeding: How could such weaklings have nearly conquered Europe just a few generations ago? :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

One is Slovakian, the other is fancophile and married to an Italian. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

Quote from: Syt on September 04, 2015, 07:50:46 AM
One is Slovakian, the other is fancophile and married to an Italian. :P
Thanks for clarifying. :D

garbon

My luck in the North continues. I'm sitting outside in Leeds and it is almost too sunny. :o
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on September 19, 2015, 06:58:41 AM
My luck in the North continues. I'm sitting outside in Leeds and it is almost too sunny. :o

But better in Southern England, unbroken sunshine all late afternoon and evening, when I stepped out it was still about 70F.  :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

Fuck yeah, highest ever pressure recorded for September, 1042hPa. It has been an exceptionally beautiful autumn week.

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

katmai

We had snow September 29 so stfu you dirty Dane.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

mongers

Quote from: katmai on October 01, 2015, 08:19:48 AM

Those extra 5-6 degrees north of Copenhagen make all the difference don't they.  :D

Meanwhile down at 51 degrees, it's been a balmy 70+ most days.  :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

Quote from: mongers on October 01, 2015, 08:59:32 AM
Quote from: katmai on October 01, 2015, 08:19:48 AM

Those extra 5-6 degrees north of Copenhagen make all the difference don't they.  :D

Meanwhile down at 51 degrees, it's been a balmy 70+ most days.  :cool:

Yes, unfortunately the gulf stream is dying due to melting ice from Greenland. What a shitty colony that has been, bad weather, no oil, not even goddamn iron extraction is feasible from that cold oversized rock. :P

KRonn

Here in New England just waiting on a hurricane or more likely lots of rain and wind from a tropical storm which is much more likely this far north. Should hit around Virginia/Carolinas soon, hit up here early next week, maybe late weekend. It's still not clear on the direction hurricane Joaquin will take and could just brush the mid Atlantic coast.

Caliga

Quote from: KRonn on October 01, 2015, 09:56:01 AM
Here in New England just waiting on a hurricane or more likely lots of rain and wind from a tropical storm which is much more likely this far north. Should hit around Virginia/Carolinas soon, hit up here early next week, maybe late weekend. It's still not clear on the direction hurricane Joaquin will take and could just brush the mid Atlantic coast.
My parents were droning on and on about this on the phone last night.  I was like "uh-huh", "great", "uh-huh", "that's nice", "uh-huh"....  :frusty:

lustindarkness

Since that hurricane has my middle name, I have to hope for a strong destructive storm. Sorry for the people in the way of my weather wrath.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom