News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

According to the map Liep posted on the last page, it's about normal here. Which is of course unbearable anyway.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

Today's the 10th day in a row where we'll have over 30°C (or 86°F).

Also: the last! :w00t:

At least for a few days.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Hallelujah! Today's the first day in a while that there's less than 25°C in my apartment.

Mein Führer ... I can breathe!

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Admiral Yi

It's a wonderful sign of the progress we've made that a German can feel comfortable making an ex-Nazi scientist now working for the US joke.

katmai

So areas of town were flooded to point of roads being closed off and about two blocks from where i live a apartment complex was evacuated as lower apartments were flooded. :blink:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

The Brain

Quote from: katmai on July 26, 2015, 09:28:11 AM
So areas of town were flooded to point of roads being closed off and about two blocks from where i live a apartment complex was evacuated as lower apartments were flooded. :blink:

:rolleyes: You know you can't step into a full bathtub.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

katmai

I didn't!
Good thing i don't have one then i guess. :rolleyes:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Liep

Coldest summer so far in a long while. Tomorrow's forecast is rain, rain, rain and about 15 degrees. :weep:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

crazy canuck

After a couple of days of rain and temperatures in the low 20s we are going back to sun and temperatures around 30.  Now that we have had a bit of rain things are starting to green up again so it doesn't look as much like the Golden State anymore.

Syt

Bugger me sideways and hit me with a spoon. We're scheduled for 33°C today, going up to a "preliminary high" of 38°C on Saturday.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Caliga

At least you're not in southwest Iran dude.  Some city there achieved a heat index of 165 F over the weekend. :wacko:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Caliga

derspiess

Cal did you get any of that storm that ripped through here yesterday?  It cleared out fairly quickly but I heard there were tornado sightings in Northern KY.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

Quote from: derspiess on August 04, 2015, 10:25:31 AM
Cal did you get any of that storm that ripped through here yesterday?  It cleared out fairly quickly but I heard there were tornado sightings in Northern KY.
In the morning you mean? :hmm:  There were a lot of angry looking clouds and some gusts of wind but I don't even remember much rain.