News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on February 17, 2015, 10:15:20 AMNo shit.  Hate getting to the office at 7:30 in the morning already covered in sweat.  That sucks.

City living is the worse when it's like that, no breeze, no air moving.  Shootings would go up, because the heat just pisses people off. 

Working midnights at the hospital, I would take my lunch breaks in the morgue.  Fuck, that felt good. 30 minutes of pure bliss in the middle of dead ass August.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on February 17, 2015, 10:16:25 AM
Um...er....well you got me there.

Cal seems to like it though.  Maybe it has character.
We have bourbon, horses, a low cost of living, and low amounts of crowding.... and our winters are usually mild. :rolleyes:

CountDeMoney

Kentucky: Wild, Wonderful, White

lustindarkness

We got a lot of rain followed by freezing temps, so we had late openings today. I enjoyed the extra two hours of sleep. Gonna get colder tomorrow.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on February 17, 2015, 10:25:50 AM
Quote from: Valmy on February 17, 2015, 10:16:25 AM
Um...er....well you got me there.

Cal seems to like it though.  Maybe it has character.
We have bourbon, horses, a low cost of living, and low amounts of crowding.... and our winters are usually mild. :rolleyes:

Remember the winter of 2012? 50 fucking degrees almost all winter.

Youse likely had it better.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Yes.  I believe that was the winter I had my boat out on the lake the day after Christmas. :cool:

KRonn

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 17, 2015, 10:13:20 AM
Quote from: Valmy on February 17, 2015, 09:53:01 AM
One sense in which the desert beats the hell out of the rest of the South, however, is that at least it gets cold at night.

Yeah, the only thing worse than 85 degrees and 85% humidity at 2 in the afternoon is when it's 2 in the morning.

Oh man, ain't that the truth. It doesn't happen often here but when it does it's just nasty, and the daytime will only get worse. 

Caliga

Yeah, that was the one thing I liked about the climate up there... it always cooled off at night.  When it gets up to 100 during the day down here, it only goes down to like 95 at night.  Like I said I much prefer the heat to the cold, but I'm not going to lie and say I wouldn't prefer year-round temps in the 70s. :D

It's too bad So Cal is so expensive. :hmm:

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on February 17, 2015, 11:35:49 AM
It's too bad So Cal is so expensive. :hmm:

Well it is expensive for a reason. 
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

Yes I know. :(

Honestly I could afford to live there, but it'd be a huge trade-down, house wise, and whole towns would probably be out of the question (Newport Beach, the Lagunas, etc.)

garbon

Eastern Southern California - aka the Desert/Inland Empire aren't really that expensive (apart from a few towns like Indian Wells). I know that for a long time Temecula was a super cheap area.

That said, yes if you want to be buy the coast prepare to pay an arm and a leg and then some.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

My boss cannot sell his house in Laguna Niguel because he can't afford to take the price down without incurring a huge loss on the property... and nobody can afford to buy it.

Caliga

Related anecdote:  a friend of mine lives in Seattle and got offered a job in Lalaland.  He flew down and looked around for a week and decided to turn it down because even though he would have been getting a massive pay increase, the company is based in Santa Monica and he couldn't afford any real estate anywhere near there, so would have had a monstrous daily commute to look forward to, and decided he just didn't want to deal with that.

garbon

So like I said the coast is where you run into price issues. :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.