News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

I like how on my facebook all my New York people are complaining about the weather (when I woke up this morning it was 63 in my apt :() and the all the California buds are posting tell them to come back out west. So clever.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

Why did you turn off the heat?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on February 16, 2015, 08:53:20 AM
I like how on my facebook all my New York people are complaining about the weather (when I woke up this morning it was 63 in my apt :() and the all the California buds are posting tell them to come back out west. So clever.

Garbon fazed by the Garbon collective.  :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on February 16, 2015, 09:32:34 AM

You can't outcunt the OC.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: mongers on February 16, 2015, 09:32:34 AM
Quote from: garbon on February 16, 2015, 08:53:20 AM

I was just noting how several different groups of people seemed to be having the exact same back and forth. -_-

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Malthus

The weather this weekend was the coldest I can remember - wind chill at -40 on Sunday. At that temp, C and F are the same.  :lol:

http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/hundreds-of-flights-cancelled-as-extreme-cold-weather-warning-remains-in-effect-1.2237077
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Quote from: Malthus on February 17, 2015, 09:00:21 AM
The weather this weekend was the coldest I can remember - wind chill at -40 on Sunday. At that temp, C and F are the same.  :lol:

http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/hundreds-of-flights-cancelled-as-extreme-cold-weather-warning-remains-in-effect-1.2237077

Is it a dry freezing?  But seriously I think I could adjust to the cold but dealing with the ice and snow sounds like a serious pain in the ass.  I mean I have to deal with truly horrendous levels of heat and humidity but I don't have to shovel snow in it. 

It got cold here again just like I predicted but it is still 70F warmer than it is in Toronto it seems.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

mongers

So you're 7 degrees further south than here, but on Sunday windchill made if feel a whole 90F colder than here.   :pinch:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on February 17, 2015, 09:03:27 AM

Is it a dry freezing?  But seriously I think I could adjust to the cold but dealing with the ice and snow sounds like a serious pain in the ass.  I mean I have to deal with truly horrendous levels of heat and humidity but I don't have to shovel snow in it. 

It got cold here again just like I predicted but it is still 70F warmer than it is in Toronto it seems.

When it is that cold, it is just no fun going outside. I prefer lots of snow.

Ironically enough, we were travelling and doing outdoors stuff all weekend - we accepted an invite up to a friend's "cottage" (in reality, a luxury type chalet - it had an indoor pool). We expected to be skiing most of the time, but that didn't happen - we could go out for only around an hour before those few square inches left exposed to breathe through started to develop serious ice.

Travelling on the roads when it is that cold is wierd - snow sort of snakes along just above the ground across the road like frozen fog. It is eerie to see.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

What is the normal temp?  Does this sort of super-freezing thing happen very often?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Caliga

Our newest long term forecast makes me want to cry.  Tomorrow and Thursday, lows of ten below zero.  Saturday into Sunday, 3-5 inches of snow and ice.

I really regret not talking to that recruiter who called me about a job in Scottsdale a few months ago. :weep:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on February 17, 2015, 09:41:23 AM
Our newest long term forecast makes me want to cry.  Tomorrow and Thursday, lows of ten below zero.  Saturday into Sunday, 3-5 inches of snow and ice.

I really regret not talking to that recruiter who called me about a job in Scottsdale a few months ago. :weep:

Hey hey lets not go insane here.  110F in the shade is not all it is cracked up to be.

Caliga

Seriously, I don't mind high temps until they hit about 100 F.  I can learn to tolerate 110F, I think, and if not there's always air conditioning. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points