News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

No, your boasting about Vancouver is never lost on me. :D

edit: I'm going to let the bit slide with that "places that experience winter" as that would lead us into discussing how different places experience winter differently.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

KRonn

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 27, 2015, 04:22:47 PM
Quote from: KRonn on January 27, 2015, 04:11:46 PM
I just finished clearing my driveway with my new snow blower, first time using it, and it was tough work with so much snow. Glad to have the new, more powerful machine. We got at least two feet of snow, as all the news reports of surrounding areas are in the 24 to over 30 inch range. When I first went out the snow was up over my knees in the drifts outside my door; I had to use the shovel to help clear a path to the shed where my snow blower is.

According to Garbo you should be thankful you don't live somewhere cold like Vancouver.
My brother and his wife have been spending winters in Florida for the last few years. They love it, and always call to ask about the weather, especially when we get snow or very cold temps. They don't miss the cold but like to know what's going on in back here.

Admiral Yi

I'm giving thought to making a snowbird run next January.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 27, 2015, 08:31:00 PM
I'm giving thought to making a snowbird run next January.

Scottsdale has sounded good these last couple of winters.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

KRonn

Temps were below zero,-5F (-20C) at one point registered on my car's temp gauge. It's been very cold here this week.

mongers

Quote from: KRonn on January 29, 2015, 11:31:25 AM
Temps were below zero,-5F (-20C) at one point registered on my car's temp gauge. It's been very cold here this week.

Heh, today's +2C still felt bitterly cold here.   :blush:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Caliga

Quote from: KRonn on January 29, 2015, 11:31:25 AM
Got up to 54 here today. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

6-12 inches inbound Sunday. Bleh.

KRonn

More snow due tomorrow or Saturday, then more projected on Monday. Those are not big storms though, just a few inches I think, and that'll be on top of the over two feet we have now.

garbon

Snow flurries have started. <_<
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

What's your flursona?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

You should write for clickhole. :)

KRonn

Quote from: garbon on January 29, 2015, 09:38:43 PM
Snow flurries have started. <_<

We're getting snow flurries here but it's not supposed to amount to much. It's in the thirties, above freezing, so I assume it'll turn to rain at some point. We are supposed to get a larger snow storm Monday.

garbon

I'm taking comfort in the fact that London is supposed to be nailed right now. :D

Ed Anger

time to stock up on milk and bread.