News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

QuoteA second, much weaker, disturbance could swing through the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast on Thanksgiving itself with scattered snow showers and/or flurries.

Was this line cut in the movie?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

mongers

We now have properly late Autumn weather, showers with temperatures like the 45F I set out in this afternoon.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

What a weird week. It was basically 70 today but now I have to worry if it'll be snowy to drive up to Mass on Wednesday night.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

With all the warm and cold fronts coming through, I'm feeling it in every joint.

MAH ARTHRITIS
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

My sister is now trying to give me a rash of shit because I've suggested that I'm leaning towards not driving up tonight given that it is supposed to be a mix of snow/rain all night. I wanted to say "Well learn how to drive, get a car and take yourself up there, if it is so vital you get up there tonight."
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Meh, it started with rain and turned to heart attack snow, and now it's back to slush. 

I declared a Snow Day, however, and therefore I am not doing shit doing less shit than usual.

garbon

I've now officially ruined Thanksgiving because I've decided that we aren't driving till it is light again....nevermind the fact that I'll be getting up at 5:30 to make that happen. :D

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on November 26, 2014, 05:40:07 PM
I've now officially ruined Thanksgiving because I've decided that we aren't driving till it is light again....nevermind the fact that I'll be getting up at 5:30 to make that happen. :D

But sunrise isn't til 7?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Yeah but we want to leave at 7, not wake up then. :P

Caliga

Quote from: garbon on November 26, 2014, 12:52:33 PM
My sister is now trying to give me a rash of shit because I've suggested that I'm leaning towards not driving up tonight given that it is supposed to be a mix of snow/rain all night. I wanted to say "Well learn how to drive, get a car and take yourself up there, if it is so vital you get up there tonight."
How old is your sister?  I presume fairly close to your age so therefore an adult... and she doesn't know how to drive???
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Tonitrus

We're finally getting our snow up here.  At least it is easing in nice and slow instead of doing a mega-dump.

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on November 26, 2014, 09:31:50 PM
Quote from: garbon on November 26, 2014, 12:52:33 PM
How old is your sister?  I presume fairly close to your age so therefore an adult... and she doesn't know how to drive???

She did rather poorly when in driving school and then just sort of gave up. Since then she has only lived in places where she could get around easily via public transport.

Caliga

Sounds like me when I lived in Boston proper and had a license but no car.  I hated it.  I felt like I wasn't really free because there were places I wanted to go and things I wanted to see, but had no way of getting to them unless there was public transit option.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

Some areas of Austria have been hit by ice storms.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Brazen

It's getting as low as 3C/38F overnight. Had to break out the winter coat. My old leather gloves were so knackered I had to put them on and use Nikwax like hand-cream.