Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

How cold is it there this morning?
I know my dog doesn't stay outside more than 5-10min if below 0
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

lustindarkness

8° in Bhm AL? something wrong with this picture.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

katmai

Quote from: lustindarkness on January 07, 2014, 07:43:49 AM
8° in Bhm AL? something wrong with this picture.
Balmy 28 here. :P

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

I saw earlier today that it was actually warmer at the North Pole than it was in Duluth. :bleeding:

PDH

23 here now, before the sun comes up.  Supposed to climb into the upper 30s today. 
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Grey Fox

Are you people's pipes bursting?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 07, 2014, 08:56:26 AM
My pipes are still frozen, so I dunno yet.  This happened to me once before, like 6 or 7 years ago, and the pipes didn't burst.

katmai

Malthus

The last couple of days have been unfortunate here, weather-wise.

First, a snowfall. Then, a thaw overnight, that turned it all into slush. Then, a plunge in temp down to the -20-range, that froze it hard as iron.

I spend a morning chipping my car out of a solid block of ice yesterday. Walking anywhere outdoors has become a hazard, because it is nearly impossible to chip the ice off walks and sidewalks (I managed by putting lots of de-icer on, then breaking it up with a hoe).
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

katmai

Welcome to my winters Mal :P

Grey Fox

Quote from: Caliga on January 07, 2014, 09:44:06 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on January 07, 2014, 08:56:26 AM
My pipes are still frozen, so I dunno yet.  This happened to me once before, like 6 or 7 years ago, and the pipes didn't burst.

No water must sucks.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Brazen

Apparently Minnesota has been colder than the surface of Mars over the last few days:
http://www.itv.com/news/update/2014-01-07/minnesota-colder-than-mars/

Still a ridiculously snug 11C (52F) in London, but SO much rain. I honestly felt like someone was slinging buckets of water over me as I walked to work today. Absolutely soaked to the skin.