News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Driving around Toronto the other day, it is amazing and horrible the amount of beating the trees took from the ice storm. Piles of fallen branches and trees are everywhere. Saw a couple of crushed cars under trees, still not cleaned up.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Grey Fox

Quebec broke all sort of coldnest record today.

Under -25 for everyone got to -42 in Val-d'Or.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Tonitrus

The predicted 2-4 inches around here....I think we'll beat that easily.

Probable snow day tomorrow!

KRonn

Big storm here in the North East, southwest of Boston. It's been snowing all day, was let out of work at 1pm. Snowing all night into tomorrow and I will work from home tomorrow for a while. Should get over a foot of snow and likely more 30cm or more. Temps are going to drop to under 10F (12c) and lower.

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Caliga

This weather blows.  We need to build a 100,000 foot high wall all along our northern border.  Get to work, Obama :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

btw they are predicting a low of -2 F on Monday here.  That happens like once a decade at most.  THANKS CANADA
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josephus

It's fucking cold out

So cold even the Catholic school girls waiting for the bus are wearing leggings beneath their kilts
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Brazen

Still about 11C/52F here but stormy. Lots of severe flood warnings around the south-west and Wales, and tidal surges all round the coast, but just a bit wet and windy here in civilisation.

lustindarkness

20 with a windchill of 9. Possible snow on Sunday night and I think by Monday morning they expect it to be 11 with negative windchills. In Bhm AL?

Damn Canadians <_<
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

garbon

Man, my co-workers are pretty weak. Most people who come into the office are based in the city, yet there are only 3-4 of us in the office today.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

This is getting absurd. First the ice storm, now this. Got woken up by a loud bang outside, wondering WTF?

http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/hearing-loud-bangs-in-southern-ontario-it-was-likely-an-ice-quake-1.1616236

Ice quakes? Never heard of 'em before.

It is so cold here, the ground is exploding?! That shit is not right.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

lustindarkness

Quote from: Malthus on January 03, 2014, 10:16:11 AM
This is getting absurd. First the ice storm, now this. Got woken up by a loud bang outside, wondering WTF?

http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/hearing-loud-bangs-in-southern-ontario-it-was-likely-an-ice-quake-1.1616236

Ice quakes? Never heard of 'em before.

It is so cold here, the ground is exploding?! That shit is not right.

That is crazy.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Capetan Mihali

In my new town, I walk to work.  This is sort of great, but you really feel the temperature a lot more than when you are just hopping from house to car to office/court/store to car to house.  :blush:  And I didn't even have one of those remote car starters that are so popular up here, where you can turn the car on from inside your house and let it idle for 15 minutes before you get in it.

So I bought a balaclava helmet in anticipation of this frigid, double-digits-below morning.  It was pretty funny seeing a Hollywood bank robber in my reflection, but nobody gave me a second glance.

Only problem is that it didn't fit quite right, since my "jewfro" is riding too high at the moment; the mouth opening kept sliding up over my nose and the eye openings kept closing up.  I need a haircut.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)