Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Here's some awesome ice storm pics.

It's pretty bad.

http://storify.com/anthonywx/10-amazing-photos-of-the-ontario-ice-storm

A strange mix of unearthly beauty and destruction.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

:hmm: Are ice storms unusual in Toronto?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Malthus

Quote from: Caliga on December 23, 2013, 02:06:21 PM
:hmm: Are ice storms unusual in Toronto?

Pretty unusual. Can't remember a really bad one hitting Toronto. The great ice storm of '98 missed Toronto.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

More pics.

http://www.blogto.com/city/2013/12/photos_of_the_2013_toronto_ice_storm/

I'm surprised there have been no deaths reported. Trees are down everywhere, all over the city, crushing cars and in some places houses.

Caliga

We had an ice storm like that in 2010 or so.  I had no power for like three days.  Some parts of rural Kentucky had no power for weeks. :blush:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

CNN said 250K without power in Toronto area.

It's 1 degree here.

For you Centigade users that's like -500.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on December 23, 2013, 02:13:49 PM
We had an ice storm like that in 2010 or so.  I had no power for like three days.  Some parts of rural Kentucky had no power for weeks. :blush:

Hell, parts of the Dayton area was the same. Stupid DP&L.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

Quote from: Caliga on December 23, 2013, 02:13:49 PM

Rural Kentucky should have power. :mad:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Sheilbh

STORM!

I live in the roof of a tower. Normally this is charming and quaint. Tonight it's terrifying.
Let's bomb Russia!

The Brain

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 23, 2013, 08:00:50 PM
STORM!

I live in the roof of a tower. Normally this is charming and quaint. Tonight it's terrifying.

Please. You live in an adulterine castle from the Anarchy. I think your tower has seen worse storms.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Savonarola

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 23, 2013, 08:00:50 PM
I live in the roof of a tower.

Did you try to overthrow your father?  :unsure:

It's sunny here for the first time since I got back to Detroit.  :) Unfortunately it's also 14 degrees Fahrenheit.   :(

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

merithyn

3F here, and windy. :)

And snow tomorrow!! :w00t:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

derspiess

Nice little dusting of snow this morning.  Might not have a White Christmas, per se, but there was at least a White Christmas Eve morning!
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

Finally get to turn the AC off.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Savonarola

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 24, 2013, 10:54:57 AM
Finally get to turn the AC off.

Yeah, I saw it was only 63 back home *shiver*.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock