Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lustindarkness

Right now: Fog/Mist 69°F

Showers Likely High: 77 °F
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

PDH

Crisis averted.  Sun is coming up and it is up to -18f/-27c.  Soon it will be up to the single digits below zero.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Liep

Quote from: Liep on December 05, 2013, 06:29:55 AM
They're pre-emptively stopping the trains.

Wooo! Stormday! :yeah:

Not a stormday, but shift changed to being on call at home. I guess any day you're getting paid for watching Boardwalk Empire at home is a good day.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 04, 2013, 09:15:00 PM
ICE STORM INBOUND. Set the compound on red alert.

We're supposed to get ice plus 3-6" of snow.  I may just go ahead & take the day off tomorrow. Thankfully I don't need to run out & buy milk and bread, and can thus avoid fighting with the retards at Kroger who think they'll be stuck at home for weeks.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Liep

The Copenhagen town square christmas tree tipped over in the storm. :(
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

katmai

Warmed up into the high 20's f, which means freezing rain the last 24 hours <_<
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

PDH

It never got above -7 today.  First time in a few years it has been in the negatives all day.  Usually, a clear night in December-February means below zero, but a sunny day means the temp climbs.  Today, not so much.

I blame Canada.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Valmy

Yesterday it was 30C/85F tonight,  tonight we plunge down below C/32F with sleet.  Ah winter in Texas.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: PDH on December 05, 2013, 06:34:54 PM
I blame Canada.

You should.  This shit is all their fault.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Liep

Still some nasty winds today and flooding in most of the northern part of Sjælland, but that's the rich part and our government do care about white upper-middle class people.

Ed Anger

The schools called off, so the twins are gonna get their first taste of a snow day.  :)

Sadly for me, I have to clear off the driveway.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

Forced labor by the devilspawn?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Quote from: katmai on December 06, 2013, 07:26:50 AM

The snowblower will do the work. I'll let them throw salt behind me.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

I wake up today and the temperature is -30C/-22F, with the windchill "feels like" at -42C/-44F.   :alberta:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 06, 2013, 07:32:45 AM
Quote from: katmai on December 06, 2013, 07:26:50 AM

The snowblower will do the work. I'll let them throw salt behind me.

Awww, little snow angels, spreading salt after daddy, like so many petals behind a wedding train trestle.