News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

Lots of high winds but not a whole lot else. Starting to cool down, and my headache is fading.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

crazy canuck

Nice dump of snow on the local mountains last night. Whistler is open two weeks early.  Promises to be a good ski season.  Perfect for our Aussie friends who will be arriving in a few weeks for a ski vacation.

katmai

Below 0 here, not looking forward to 5 days of work out in such temps.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

KRonn

Cooling off a bit here in the North East. I got the rest of my lawn raked and that may be the last time, as almost all leaves are now down from my trees and my next door neighbors. But I have a couple neighbors behind me who still have leaves on trees but with fences between us those trees won't likely drop too many onto my lawn. This weekend I'll clean leaves out of the gutters and be mostly done with leave cleanup for the season. I may mow the back lawn which has some taller grass and that will take up many remaining leaves.

Ed Anger

Cal, Spcy....BRACE FOR IMPACT
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

I'm driving up to Massachusetts tomorrow as it looks like there will be hell to pay on Wednesday. Though it is also see be near or at the 60s. :hmm:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

It is rainy and hovering just above 0 C this week.  Bleh.  Too cold for Texans.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 25, 2013, 03:38:16 PM
Cal, Spcy....BRACE FOR IMPACT
If it's as bad as some of the worst predictions I should be able to get away with working from home tomorrow. :showoff:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

mongers

Quote from: Valmy on November 25, 2013, 03:40:54 PM
It is rainy and hovering just above 0 C this week.  Bleh.  Too cold for Texans.

:blink:

How do you manage that, you're way further south than us, were around 6-9C at the moment. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Maximus

Large continental mass to the north with nothing to keep that cold air sweeping south when it feels like it.

Caliga

Bro, the Great Plains turn into a giant Arctic air wind tunnel in the winter.  There's nothing between that wind tunnel and Valmy.

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on November 25, 2013, 03:48:07 PM
Bro, the Great Plains turn into a giant Arctic air wind tunnel in the winter.  There's nothing between that wind tunnel and Valmy.

It makes this time of year weird.  We can be rolling along with beautiful days and then it drops down below freezing for a few days...then back to normal.  Your body never adjusts so the cold snaps are just brutal.  The 2011 one was terrible but I am ready this time with a big winter coat and gloves and all that.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

Yeah, same deal here.  We also get weather moving in from the south, which is Gulf of Mexico air that is warm and wet (the stuff coming off the plains is cold and typically drier).

Ed Anger

I should go to the store, just to watch the panic buying.

MAH MILK AND BREADS
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

Hell, people panic buy here and we get shitty winter weather all the time - sometimes even in Summer.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM