Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: garbon on September 20, 2013, 11:26:30 PM
Quote from: mongers on September 18, 2013, 06:13:11 PM
Quote from: merithyn on September 18, 2013, 10:41:31 AM
Quote from: garbon on September 18, 2013, 10:24:38 AM
I have one too.  Though I love how DayQuil masks my symptoms and lets me get on with my day.

Ugh. That stuff upsets my stomach and dries me out something horrible. I'd rather suffer through the symptoms.

:yes:

Wise words, sometimes it's just better to 'man-up' (actually woman-up is more appropriate) and deal with the symptoms rather than trying to medicate the feelings away. 

At least that's my 'reasoning' as regards back pain.

Why?

What you quoted, is the answer to your question; really it's not difficult.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Very mild in South England today, mid-60s at 1.30 am.  :hmm:

garbon

Quote from: mongers on September 21, 2013, 06:14:59 PM
Quote from: mongers on September 18, 2013, 06:13:11 PM
Quote from: merithyn on September 18, 2013, 10:41:31 AM
Quote from: garbon on September 18, 2013, 10:24:38 AM
I have one too.  Though I love how DayQuil masks my symptoms and lets me get on with my day.

Ugh. That stuff upsets my stomach and dries me out something horrible. I'd rather suffer through the symptoms.

:yes:

Wise words, sometimes it's just better to 'man-up' (actually woman-up is more appropriate) and deal with the symptoms rather than trying to medicate the feelings away. 

At least that's my 'reasoning' as regards back pain.

Why?

What you quoted, is the answer to your question; really it's not difficult.

That doesn't make any sense. There's nothing manly about suffering unnecessarily. Besides, Meri's post was about the cure being worse than the disease.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Heat on again this mornin'  :)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Yeah, little chilly this morning, but I had some painting done yesterday so all the windows have been wide open.  Can't stand the smell of paint.

katmai

We could get first snowfall tonight/early Monday.
Won't stick around but still the chance of first measurable snow. Ugh
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

Seedy's just itchin for a chance to blast some Dazzling Urbanite in the snow with his jeep.

CountDeMoney

I need bigger tires, so once they're stuck in the treads they stay there.

PDH

First snow of the season today.  Didn't stick, and back up to 42 here...but an ominous sign following a month of very heavy rains (for this area).
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

mongers

Quote from: PDH on September 27, 2013, 05:10:49 PM
First snow of the season today.  Didn't stick, and back up to 42 here...but an ominous sign following a month of very heavy rains (for this area).

:(

Still a bit over the seasonal average, though the nights are closing in fast, seem to be losing an extra 2-3 minutes of light each evening.  :(

Ed Anger

Hotter than fuck today. 77 degrees my ass.

merithyn

Why?

Because a head cold doesn't bother me nearly as much as an upset stomach or severely dried out mucus membranes.

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

merithyn

:w00t:

PleasecometoIllinois! PleasecometoIllinois! PleasecometoIllinois!

QuoteSIOUX FALLS, S.D. (AP) — Strong storms are moving into the Midwest, dumping heavy snow in South Dakota, spawning a tornado in Nebraska and threatening dangerous thunderstorms from Oklahoma to Wisconsin.

A foot of snow had fallen by Friday morning in western South Dakota's Black Hills thanks to a storm slowly moving in from Colorado and Wyoming.

National Weather Service meteorologist John Chamberlain says the fall storm is one of the most intense to hit the area in a long time.

No travel is being advised along some western South Dakota roads, and some schools canceled classes. As much as 30 inches of snow could fall in the area.

Large hail and powerful winds were forecast to hit northwest Oklahoma later Friday, while storms were forecast from there into Wisconsin into Saturday.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

PDH

Six inches of heavy wet snow here.  This fucking sucks.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM